Thread: Juvie Whites tree frog feeding

pigglett79

Default Juvie Whites tree frog feeding

Hello,

I purchased two little whites tree frogs over the weekend. I have been researching them and working on their viv since January. They are about an inch and a half long and I have no idea how old. What I would like to know is how much should I be feeding them? They can really eat and I do know they are prone to obesity so I dont want to over do it. I use the glass bowl to feed them and they sit next to it and wait for food each night. For the past couple of days I have put around 15-20 very small crickets and 12 or so baby silk worms in there and they eat it all. I also have dubia roaches and horn worms for them. I do have a wide variety of feeders as I also have chameleons and a bearded dragon.

My other question is about supplementation. My plan at this point is to dust with plain calcium at each feeding and with repashy calcium plus multivitamin once a week. Does this sound correct? I will also attach a couple pictures.

Name:  Frogs 4.jpg
Views: 2734
Size:  63.3 KBName:  Frogs 5.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  101.2 KBName:  Frogs 8.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  155.9 KBName:  frogs 9.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  118.5 KBName:  IMG_2002.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  53.4 KBName:  IMG_2008.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  79.1 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ejh805

Default Re: Juvie Whites tree frog feeding

It sounds like you're doing a good job.

Make sure to read the caresheet for these guys that's stickied! Very cute new babies btw!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello and welcome to FF. Here is link to Care Article that Emily mentioned: Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea. They can take food sized as the distance between their eyes. I don't have White's so hopefully other members will know about how much food to offer. Would ensure both are eating similar amounts, specially if feeding from same bowl.

Check that your CA supplement includes vitamin D3 to help CA's absorption. Also, unless designed for daily use recommend change to 2X a week. From pics see your enclosure sides are uncovered and recommend use aquarium background or other paper you like on them. This will help reduce frog stress .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

At this point feed them daily, if they start to get to fat, just cut back on amount. I also use the Repashy Calcium & their Supervite, alternating every other feeding. And their Bug Buger..........all my feeders LOVE this stuff. Also LOVE your frog with all the freckles!
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

pigglett79

Thank you for the replies. They seem to be growing already and the one with freckles tends to be green more often than the other one. We still dont have solid names, but hoping their personalities will help. I am still feeding nightly. I am alternating between crickets and dubia roaches in combo with silk worms and horn worms. Next time I make a feeder order I will add a couple more items.

I am using sticky tongue farms minerall outdoor plain calcium for most crickets and dubias, and once a week using the repashy calcium plus. I was actually trying to figure out whether the repashy calcium plus and repashy supervite have a big difference in content. For gut loading I alternate between various greens and veggies, I also add the repashy superload powder. Here is a picture of the one with freckles looking very green as well as them eating some silk worms.

Name:  Speckles.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  98.2 KBName:  IMG_2019.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  105.8 KB

Thread Information