Thread: Calling all canadians!!!!

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Calling all canadians!!!!

I was frog website surfing and I came accross the BEST frog sales website I have ever seen!!! Im sure you guys may have seen this but i was in awe when i saw it! I called them just to say YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! The variety of frogs they have beats ANY american website i have ever seen!!

Home | Understory Enterprises

-Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Calling all canadians!!!!

Yep. canada is like america's attic they realize all the good stuff is up here
    "A Righteous man cares for his animals" - Proverbs 12:10
    1.0.0 Correlophus cilliatus
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    0.1.0 Ambystoma mexicanum
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea
    1.1.0 Dendrobates auratus "Nicaraguan"
    0.0.2 Dendrobates tinctorius "Azureus"

Quote Originally Posted by Bombina Bob View Post
    Yep. canada is like america's attic they realize all the good stuff is up here
    Then could you do me a favor and get those "Corner Gas" reruns back on my cable provider!!!

Nationality
    [Canada]

lol Corey lol, just note understory doesn't have all that they advertising on their website and shipping in Canada is about 100$ so i drive to states to get stuff that I want
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Lija can that work both ways? Like if i want some of those frogs...can you aquire them and ship them to me since you have a united states connect? Is that to much to ask? They have the baja imitator darts I am in love with =P

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]

I hate to be a bit of a downer here, but first I think you should do a little research before ordering from any company, especially when it comes to Amphibians/Reptiles. Go on a few forums, google a few reviews before you order, just to be on the safe side. I don't want to see another FloridaHerps-style incident.

Still, the website is impressive. I may consider ordering a frog from there if it turns out to be a reliable and non-corrupt company. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and yeah, I love Canada. I just wish we had more frogs
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

DartEd

Mark pepper and Laura pepper are legit. The own and operate understory. They are heavily involved in conservation, importation and exportation. Mark even has a poison dart frog named after him ( see my signature). They export to the United States every three months. You just missed the last shipment. The next shipment is in early September.

Understory enterprises is responsible for introducing many dart frogs that we see in the hobby in Canada and the United States. They work very closely with the governments of Peru, Costa Rica, and they've even begun work with the dreaded Colombian government( Colombia hasn't allowed exportation for years now). As a matter of fact, Corey, the Santa Isabels I have are UE line ( understory ). The way they export to the US is they first bring the frogs personally into the United States using legal methods. Once in the USA, they ship. This way they can keep shipping costs reasonable.

As was mentioned previously, they don't always have all that's advertised. Those are all the amphibians they're working with. Some of their animals are also wc. Mark frequently goes to South America on expeditions in search of new species of dart frogs.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Caspian, understory is a great company, I've never shipped frogs from them just because they never had what I want but people who dealt with them have nothing but great words to describe transactions.

Corey, of course i could, but here is a BUT, I don't know legalities/paperwork of import frogs to US, it might look weird, see when I'm back with them it is understandable since I'm importing frogs for personal collection, I'm just saying hi and bye after paying CAN taxes at the border, vise versa might be complicated. I can't say I'm going with them for a road trip having said all this I'm sure you will be able to find what you are looking for in US, shipping is reasonable and well, imagine stress level of a frogs being shipped to me across Canada, then road trip to the nearest US fedex ( about 5h) and then shipping to you. basically tiny frogs will be in transit for at least 3 full days, what are the chances they'll reach you alive?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

DartEd

I have to agree with Lija on this one. Besides the importation grief, the frogs wouldn't do well with the trip which could take a few days.

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Yes i concur with the shipping times...

Crazy Frog

Most of my dart frogs are from mark,I would say their pricing,services was the best that I ever had so far and beautiful healthy frog that were ship out to me without a single DOA from the long 24-30 hours journey to Asia !!

Thread Information