Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby eye tree frog eggs

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Ruby eye tree frog eggs

Its ok demon. I kinda deserved that one. It was alot of work getting the right tank for these guys and its still a HUGE work in progress. Ive done basic rain chambers....half live vivarium/rain chamber combo. Basic tank with water bowl. Now doing the mudflat live vivarium running water WITH rain chamber. All in due time. JUST ALOT OF WORK! Maybe I need more males? SO many controlling factors. Just doing one at a time for now to keep the stress level to a minimum. However you are right. Im not a lier. Just mistaken.

None of the eggs made it. The development only lasted for about 4 days before they ended up dieing off. My females are not gravid anymore. Im waiting to get some more 8-10 to add to the new breeding chamber which should hopefully be around to November-December time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Ruby eye tree frog eggs

Great try Corey! I can appreciate your honesty. Sometimes bringing other forums into a post or conversation can stir the pot quickly. Sometimes better to stick to personal experiences vs. bringing in other names so-to-speak.

Though we tend to prefer our home here , both forums can offer us things and education that may be useful. It's all in how we use that information, and how we deal with those we encounter on a personal level . Take the good with the bad at some level, if you know what I mean .

Keep your head up and keep trying . Things have been set in motion and maybe they just need some time to practice. You've got the first part down. Now lets hope your male follows through . Good luck! I'll be excited to see those tads if they do .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Banned
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Ruby eye tree frog eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Great try Corey! I can appreciate your honesty. Sometimes bringing other forums into a post or conversation can stir the pot quickly. Sometimes better to stick to personal experiences vs. bringing in other names so-to-speak.

Though we tend to prefer our home here , both forums can offer us things and education that may be useful. It's all in how we use that information, and how we deal with those we encounter on a personal level . Take the good with the bad at some level, if you know what I mean .

Keep your head up and keep trying . Things have been set in motion and maybe they just need some time to practice. You've got the first part down. Now lets hope your male follows through . Good luck! I'll be excited to see those tads if they do .
    Heather,

Yes sometimes its good to suck up your pride and admit you did wrong. Im not perfect by any means but I will not give up on these guys. Honestly I like the challenge of breeding these guys. Gives me a GOAL to work on. I will say you are 100% right when it comes to being educated of numberous forums. The mud flat and running water was an idea that came from a zoologist from the dendroboard who supported my idea and thinks its the most possible route to take. Honestly without his idea that seems pretty logical I would have never even thought of it or put it to a test. I will post new threads of success / failures to make sure everyone knows whats good and whats bad with this species. We ALL have to learn / start somewhere. However I have put a hold on this species and working with Blue eyed whites dumpys and Australian blue phase white dumpys at this point for the next month or two. Unfortunatly with only 1 rain chamber / breeding tank to work with im very limited on what I can do. I ended up breaking one of my 80 gallon breeder tanks that I used with the Rubys In the move. It was horrible.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Ruby eye tree frog eggs

Oh, yuck! So frustrating when things break. I was speaking more about the person to person vs. giving up . I'm a believer in moving forward and trying or giving all you've got. You have that in you.

Blue eyed whites are beautiful! I'd love one some day when the frog family size decreases a bit, lol! As you know...chores are time consuming. Worth it, though. I'll be looking forward to hearing some success stories . Crossing fingers for you.
    Last edited by Heatheranne; September 22nd, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information