Thread: Update on Larry Albino Pacman frog

Metdude718

Default Update on Larry Albino Pacman frog

Hey All
    Just stoping by to update on Larry. He is doing well, and I know have him in a 10 gallon tank, and kept at 80% Humidity and Temp 80-82 day, night around 78-80. He is pooping on a fairly regular basis. I was wondering about his eating habbits. I feed him gut loaded crickets, dusted with Repto Cal at least once a week. Also at times mealworms, and as a treat super worms once in a while. At times, he will go through his eating fit where he wont eat anything for a week. Its as if he goes on a hunger strike! Then he will eat, I feed him about 2-3 times a week. Is this normal behaviour?

He is very active at night, hoping round his enclousure, and looks like he is not at stressed at all. He burrows sometimes all the way down, but mostly he stays half up. He has his favorite spot under his fake plant. Other then his eating habbits, which remind me of a finiky kid... he seems well!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Update on Larry Albino Pacman frog

Hello and glad Larry is OK. I would replace the mealworms with night crawlers (can get at Walmart's sporting section) since they are way better nutrition. Also, you could have local veterinary do a fecal test just to make sure it has no parasites.

How big is frog (SVL)? If a juvenile or baby would recommend weekly dusting CAx2 and vitamins x1 on different days and with skip day in between. Once frog is full grown can cut that in half. Good luck .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [Canada]

yeah it is normal, mine sometimes can go for a week or even 2 off food, but keep on eye, make sure there is nothing else out of ordinary, no impaction, etc. and I would NOT do mealworms, but of course one or two for a big frog won't do anything much
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Metdude718

Thanks all!!! I would say he is about 6 months to 8 months old now... the pet store I got him from was not forth coming in how long they had him, but I would say they had him at least a month. If you remember I put pics of him here previously. He is pooping fine, so dont think any impaction issues. Ill cut back on the meal worms, and will look for night crawlers. He does love hoping at night when he explores

Nationality
    [Canada]

with these guys you better go with a size, not age. this way it is easier to judge in terms of food items size.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Metdude718

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    with these guys you better go with a size, not age. this way it is easier to judge in terms of food items size.

Here is a new pic of himName:  Larry.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  81.7 KB

Thread Information