Thread: New Tank, Fresh start and some new tank mates...

mk97

Default New Tank, Fresh start and some new tank mates...

After a couple of tank set changes I finally decided to try a 'dry' set up for my FBTs. Happened upon a sale on Exo-Terra terrarium and glad I spent a bit too much on what was supposed to be a cheap simple reset and went all out on the exo terra set up.

I took on 2 other FBTs, which didn't hurt the choice to get a bigger tank. So a total of 6 in the tank.

Currently, Coconut husk bedding, two water bowels, Large tree thing they like hang out on top of but don't seem to hide in, Light hood with a normal 13 watt light (exo terra 'normal') and a low 13 watt UVB bulb (2.0 and 5.0 I think is what they call them. doesn't seem to heat the tank too much and they seem to enjoy a little basking. I mist once and a while and humidity is around 70-80.

Any suggestions for the set up? I'm thinking of looking for another hide spot kinda thing or something. I'm also wondering if there are more things I should look out for with a 'dry' set up?

Also I gotta say, whew.. these terrariums with front opening glass doors and mesh top screens and everything locks are just the way to go... retrospect, this woulda been the way to go in the beginning. I'm thinking of getting some geckos again, and I will only be looking at tanks like these!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

s6t6nic6l

Default Re: New Tank, Fresh start and some new tank mates...

you forgot the obligatory statement when posting an awesome well thought out habitat: "my frogs love it"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to FF and wish you fun with new set-up !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Hidr

Love it. Thank you for sharing.

mk97

Hey! Thanks!

Haha well I was holding off on the "And they love it!" til they acclimated and relaxed. But they're looking pretty good now, so... They love it!

And they seem to get along well also... haha

I've been throwing around the idea of getting one of the small exo terra nano terrariums. I've got a 2.5 gal tank that's come in handy for quarantine and tank swaps, thought I might expand that and get a really nice temporary holding tank. Figured I could do a mostly aquatic when not set up for quarantine. Not to mention I can have it on my desk or night stand and keep just two frogs in it. Doubles as breeding tank as well? I'm just worried moving the little guys around to a 'vacation home' one or two at a time might bee too stressful?

Thanks for the encouragement! little things to do here and there. I'm thinking of using their old tank to order a ton of crickets, but that's another project in and of itself!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information