Thread: Where to buy pacmans in vancouver/ BC?

Question Where to buy pacmans in vancouver/ BC?

So, I keep seeing all those posts about people buying pacmans and now I'm getting a bit envious. Obviously the only solution is for me to buy lots and lots of pacmans to compensate. The only problem is that I've already gone to a couple stores and I can't find any! So I thought the easiest thing would be to ask here if anyone has spotted any at stores around Vancouver/BC, or know of any local breeders?

The BC Reptile Club is having an expo in September - I've never been to a reptile expo, would that be a good place to look? (although I'd rather not have to wait until September!)

Are there any breeders in Canada that ship them? (I'd much rather buy them in person and not have them shipped if possible)

My other option would be to go across the border to the U.S. and then import them back into Canada. Has anyone ever done this / know what is required? I've imported vehicles before so I'm not scared of a bit of paperwork if I can get frogs!

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

CHiNO

Default Re: Where to buy pacmans in vancouver/ BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Samalander View Post
    So, I keep seeing all those posts about people buying pacmans and now I'm getting a bit envious. Obviously the only solution is for me to buy lots and lots of pacmans to compensate. The only problem is that I've already gone to a couple stores and I can't find any! So I thought the easiest thing would be to ask here if anyone has spotted any at stores around Vancouver/BC, or know of any local breeders?

The BC Reptile Club is having an expo in September - I've never been to a reptile expo, would that be a good place to look? (although I'd rather not have to wait until September!)

Are there any breeders in Canada that ship them? (I'd much rather buy them in person and not have them shipped if possible)

My other option would be to go across the border to the U.S. and then import them back into Canada. Has anyone ever done this / know what is required? I've imported vehicles before so I'm not scared of a bit of paperwork if I can get frogs!

Thanks!
    i use to live in vancouver as a child.....it was quite difficult to obtain any type of frogs. i was just back last year and the pet store in metrotown in burnaby carried them. good luck!

4. This member thanks CHiNO for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

easy! you contact Mike or Ivory reptiles and ask them nicely to ship whatever frogs in whatever quantities to the nearest to the border fedex facility. you can do ups but i had a very bad experience with them holding package to pick up rather go more expensive but sure way.

you gotta be at the facility early in am ( when they open) and then happily drive back home! on a border you just need to tell them hi and that you importing cb in USA pacman frog for personal collection. you might need to pay taxes because you were in states for less then 48h. the whole trip to/from would take you what? 3 hours max? and you are going to be the happy owner of a healthy pretty frog!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Blaze1

If you are unable to find a healthy frog near by I would definitely contact Mike at mikesphatfrogs or contact Ivory Reptiles. I have ordered from both and they are outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    easy! you contact Mike or Ivory reptiles and ask them nicely to ship whatever frogs in whatever quantities to the nearest to the border fedex facility. you can do ups but i had a very bad experience with them holding package to pick up rather go more expensive but sure way.

you gotta be at the facility early in am ( when they open) and then happily drive back home! on a border you just need to tell them hi and that you importing cb in USA pacman frog for personal collection. you might need to pay taxes because you were in states for less then 48h. the whole trip to/from would take you what? 3 hours max? and you are going to be the happy owner of a healthy pretty frog!
    Thanks, this sounds like a viable option :-D So there is no paperwork to do?

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

no paperwork, US side couldn't care less, you won't even see them on your way back, Canadian side will collect taxes ( keep your invoices) and check if animals are on CITES list or not, pacman frogs are not. make sure you tell them that it is not for resale but you personally. Commercial imports do require tons of paperwork and permits.

all info is recent, i got frogs and snakes this way at the end of March. but we were more then 48h in US, so no taxes for us
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    no paperwork, US side couldn't care less, you won't even see them on your way back, Canadian side will collect taxes ( keep your invoices) and check if animals are on CITES list or not, pacman frogs are not. make sure you tell them that it is not for resale but you personally. Commercial imports do require tons of paperwork and permits.

all info is recent, i got frogs and snakes this way at the end of March. but we were more then 48h in US, so no taxes for us

Awesome, thanks for the info! I had better start planning out their vivariums construction ;-)

Thread Information