Thread: New to Pacman

rdoyle225

Default New to Pacman

I have been wanting a Pacman for a while. My husband got me one for mothers day! He had been at the petsmart here in my town for 2 months. I got him all set up in his tank he eat 8 crickets. now he/she is happy. How offent do I need to feed him/her.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New to Pacman

Hello and welcome to FF! A small baby Pacman (imagine it is) requires daily feedings. First thing recommend to do is is to read this: http://www.frogforum.net/content/pac...-breeding-170/. Pacman's are easy to keep if you meet it's enclosure space, temperature, humidity, and substrate requirements (all in the article). If you have moss in enclosure (Petsmart uses it) do replace that with shredded coco (ExoTerra's Plantation Soil or Zoo Meds Eco Earth) and add some dechlorinated water until it clumps in your fist but does not drip.

Also, have a clean dechlorinated water dish (changed daily) that frog can soak in filled to frog's chin level.

Finally, get some calcium and vitamin powder supplement (recommend Repashy's or ReptoCal) and dust food 2x a week with CA and 1x week with vitamins on different days with a skip day in between. Other than that, gut load the crickets with chopped vegies and also offer earthworms (best food for them), can get night crawlers at pet shops or Walmart's sport section (ensure they have no additive dyes). Good luck and share pictures please !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

Carlos has you covered.

Feeding Night Crawlers to a baby requires that you must cut appropriately sized pieces off of a worm starting at the tail(Night Crawlers are able to regenerate so no real harm done) depending on the length of your little guy/girl will determine the size of the chuncknof earthworm you offer. It is safe to offer a piece that is 1/2 to 3/4 the length of the frog and not thicker than the frog's mouth is wide. Crickets are fine, but variety is key to a healthy frog. You can offer treat feeders occationally like Waxworms, Hornworms, and once large enough prekilled frozen/thawed pinky and. fuzzy mice. Another good staple besides Night Crawlers and Crickets are Dubia Roaches(Blaptica dubia. I know what you're thinking ROACHES???!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!, but they are next best nutritional food aside from Night Crawlers. They are larger than the common Cockroach and do look very similar. They do not bite, fly,(even though the males have wings) or smell bad. They breed prolificly if you wish to start a colony and provide food for all stages of growth for the frog since the nymphs vary in size at each stage of their life cycle. They are easy to colonize but that is entrely up to you.

So welcome to Frog Forum and let us see some picture of you new little one

rdoyle225

the Petsmart by my house used coco not moss. The lady there she told me not to use the moss. Witch I knew. Roaches are fine with me I used to feed them to my Bearded when had Him.

rdoyle225

Name:  12-82CAC06A-3809558-960-100.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  114.1 KB Name:  12-82D8D7EB-3694572-960-100.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  108.3 KB Name:  12-8186A3D3-3415950-960-100.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  101.4 KBHere he/she is it is a small home for now. I will upgrade when we come back from vacation witch we are taking him.

rdoyle225

I have one question He/she is making a squeakily sound only happens at night after the lights goes off? what could that be. Does that mean that it is male.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by rdoyle225 View Post
    I have one question He/she is making a squeakily sound only happens at night after the lights goes off? what could that be. Does that mean that it is male.
    That depends on how it sounds. If your frog is a baby and under 2.5" then you are most likely hearing the frog's feet rubing on the botyom of the enclosure as it tries to burrow deeper.

Nationality
    [United States]

Your Pacman looks nice, congratulations !

CHiNO

congrats! welcome to the world of frog keeping!

Nationality
    [United States]

Nice frog!

You mentioned you were taking him on vacation with you... Just make sure air doesn't blow on him! Like from a vent/air conditioner or anything. That's just always been something I've had to worry with when I've transported mine. But yeah, the air blowing can make them sick so just thought I'd mention that

rdoyle225

We have a open trunk that he is going to be. He will not have any air on him. I thought about that

rdoyle225

Name:  DSCN0042.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  81.7 KB Name:  DSCN0047.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  106.9 KB Name:  DSCN0043.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  100.2 KB Name:  DSCN0044.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  100.2 KB Here are some better Photos of him/her

rdoyle225

I was wounding how many earthworms should I be feeding at a time? yesterday he eat 2 full ones. One in the morning and one at Night His name is Jabba the Hut.

Nationality
    [United States]

What is it's snout to vent length (SVL)? My Pacman is 2.5 in. and will easy eat 2 large (around 4 in. long 1/4 in. thick) Night Crawlers in one daily feeding; but struggles with a 3rd. On alternate days will also eat 4 adult crickets.

Interesting how your Pacman color and markings mimic an African Bullfrog baby .

rdoyle225

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  116.7 KB Name:  003.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  106.6 KB Name:  004.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  110.3 KB Name:  005.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  116.4 KB Name:  007.jpg
Views: 120