Thread: Repti Glo 2.0 alternative ???

elery

Default Repti Glo 2.0 alternative ???

can i buy different globes for the exo terra compact top? i have a medium one, (3 bulbs) i was thinking putting 3 2.0 in it, (does that sound ok ?? or i need something different??)

i want to find out if i can get the globes somewhere else, for maybe a lil cheaper, where else would i find them and under what name, i can not find a replacement for the life of me,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Repti Glo 2.0 alternative ???

Yes if we are talking frogs and you are looking for bulbs to illuminate or heat. As long as the base matches and you do not exceed the rated max power in watts; should be OK. IRT where to get them, will let fellow Australians answer that. In USA the major hardware stores have lots of bulbs to select from (i.e. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). Specialty bulbs are expensive everywhere so don't expect to save much.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

elery

for frogs yes
    just mostly for the plants, a lil warmth and that kind of stuff. online here im looking at around $20 a bulb. with or w/o postage, Id like to go a lil cheaper. I was not sure with if normal bulbs had the uvb or ubv or what ever its called like the repti 2,0 .

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

As long as you dust food with CA most frogs will do fine without special UV bulbs. In here, hardware stores have plant bulbs in higher wattage ratings. Just check your top ratings because many ExoTerra's limit you to 25 watts.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

elery

thanks , I thnik what i will do is take in the exo terra compact top to a hard ware shop or something like that and get them to work out what type is best . atm i have no light on my frogs, they are marsh frogs and it says they don't need it on their care sheet, but i want my plants to live. and mum had a big slab of moss for me she will be bringing up in the next week or 2, and i need to be ready for it, so it does not die, ( i have no idea how to care for moss in a tank)
    and with winter on its way its a bit cooler at night and the past 2 weeks i see my frogs rarely i think its cause of the cold, they bury under all the moss and rarly come out. i use to tweezer feed them, or take them out and feed in a container so i know that they are eating but now i have to put the food directly in the tank and hope they are infact eating them and the missing crickets are realy eaten and not also hiding away to.

Thread Information