Thread: AGTF still acting lethargic...

aegillesp

Unhappy AGTF still acting lethargic...

I took Laputa to the vet a couple weeks ago, and she got a clean bill of health but I still haven't seen much results. She is still super dark brown (she used to be a very bright green), she hardly eats still, I put a large variety in there in a bowl she can get to and choose from, I see very little poo and the last one I saw was white, which means she hasn't eaten anything. She just hides in one spot and doesn't really move. Should I take her back to the vet? I don't know what to do...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: AGTF still acting lethargic...

Hi,
    i'm sorry about your frog
    I'm not on the forum much anymore, so am not familiar with your frogs past...
    but I'll take a look back on your previous posts and see if anything stands out.
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

How long have you had your frog? I'm sorry, I read back, but may have missed it.
    I'm guessing this isn't usual behavior for her, and the color is not her usual color?
    Have you answered the trouble in the enlosure questions here before? If not, may you answer now?
    http://www.frogforum.net/tree-frogs/...enclosure.html

I'm curious if anyone has advised a pedialyte bath to perk her up?
    10 parts treated luke warm water to 1 part pedialyte, 10 mins or so, but not longer than the water stays warm.
    Then rinse her in a clean water bath.
    HAve you tried repti-boost? It's like a frog/reptile formula for the malnurished.

When you got a clean bill of health from your vet, i assume she/he tested fecals, and examined her outer skin? Or how was the diagnosis concluded?
    I would love to see a picture, if possible, of the frog and enclosure....
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

aegillesp

I've had her since January 31, 2013, so 3 months. She was super healthy and active and a fatty as far as eating, but now, I'm lucky if she eats anything. I have a bowl of phoenix worms, wax worms and crickets(tiny ones) for her. If I coat a cricket with calcium powder she wont eat it and if she gets it in her mouth she'll stop eating it and try to spit it out. I will give as much info as I can. My list for "Trouble in the enclosure" is at home, but I do have a good memory and I will fill out as best I can. The Doc gave her an appetite enhancer, but I didn't see any changes. He did give her a clean bill of health after some meds for her pinworm infestation. He said she had nothing but pinworms in her poo when I dropped it off. This was about 2-3 weeks ago.

1-size of enclosure
    2-# on inhabitants - specifically ( if there is another frog ---size differences ?)
    3-humidity
    4-temp
    5-water - type - for both misting and soaking dish
    6-materials used for substrate
    7-enclosure set up i.e. plants( live or artificial) wood, bark etc -how were things prepared prior to being put into the viv
    8-main food source
    9-vitamins and calcium ? ( how often )
    10-lighting
    11-what is, specifically, being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure
    12-when is the last time he ate
    13-have you found poop lately
    14-a pic would be great ( including the frog ) any little cell phone pic is fine
    15- how old is the frog
    16-how long have you owned him
    17- is the frog wild caught or captive bred
    18- frog food- how often and if its diverse what other feeders are used as treats
    19- about how often the frog is handled
    20-is the enclosure is kept in a high or low traffic area

1-size of enclosure-12x12x18, will be moving to an 18x18x24 Sunday
    2-# on inhabitants - specifically ( if there is another frog ---size differences ?) Just her at the moment
    3-humidity-Usually 76-99% (my fogger is messed up)
    4-temp--Im not sure about this, i don't check this as much but I think last time I checked it was at 70-80F degrees
    5-water - type - for both misting and soaking dish-Purified or Drinking water
    6-materials used for substrate--Exo Terra Moss Mat (I don't want to use regular substrate until she's healthy.
    7-enclosure set up i.e. plants( live or artificial) wood, bark etc -how were things prepared prior to being put into the viv--Everything was boiled per Dr. orders, everything is faux.
    8-main food source--Crickets, Wax worms, Phoenix worms, did have a few Hornworms
    9-vitamins and calcium ? ( how often )I don't give them to her but I double the dose of liquid calcium for her water, and she eats some phoenix worms which are full of calcium
    10-lighting-Reptisun 5.0
    11-what is, specifically, being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure-Day is a 50W basking, and a 45W red light
    12-when is the last time he ate--Unsure
    13-have you found poop lately-Day or two ago, it was white with tiny black specs
    14-a pic would be great ( including the frog ) any little cell phone pic is fine-See below
    15- how old is the frog-I'm guessing about 4 months
    16-how long have you owned him-3 months
    17- is the frog wild caught or captive bred-captive, from Petsmart
    18- frog food- how often and if its diverse what other feeders are used as treats
    19- about how often the frog is handled-rarely, she utterly hates it
    20-is the enclosure is kept in a high or low traffic area-medium, 3/4 walls covered, she does have a bearded dragon next to her, but there is no way she can ever see him.

Her enclosure

This is her a few days after I got her

What she is ALWAYS like now

aegillesp

I forgot to add, I took her in, he did a skin look over and a few fecal tests. I was not recommended anything but the medications that he gave her. I would like to try the pedialyte bath with her to see how she reacts to it. Where do I get the repti-boost? Im really close to force feeding and I really dont want to, last time I had to get her mouth open I made her squeak which made me feel horrible.

aegillesp

Last night I went out and picked up a few things, the Repti-boost, which I will give her later, Pedialyte, she'll get her bath later too, and Zilla's Jump Start Caloric supplement & Appetite stimulant. I couldn't find anything as far as information from other people about the jump start but I bought it anyway and I can always return it.

I've found two TINY white worms in the bottom of her tank, it's got me all scared. I just sanitized everything by Boiling like the doc said, and now I find worms... All I feed her is Crickets, wax worms and phoenix worms... I tried to take a picture of the worms but my camera wouldn't focus on something that small, it looks like a white blob.

Thread Information