Thread: Some of my latest.

Ivan M

Default Some of my latest.

Got a few new pacs and took pics of 3 of them.

Strawberry Albino

Apricot

Lime Green Albino.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Some of my latest.

Those look great Ivan ! My strawberry looked same as yours at 1.5 in., however, as it grows has lost redness and looks much paler. Do you know if that is normal or does red color need a particular diet? Thank you and good luck with yours !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

growing your albino genetic tree? they are great looking, I love getting the variety, it will be fun to see them as adults....and even more fun to eventually breed them...

Ivan M

Thanks guys for the kind comments, was busy picking up 5 caatingas and was not able to post earlier. As far as the red, it is more burgundy in real life, to me the pic does not do the frogs colors any justice, in real life to me it looks even nicer. I don't think food will have much to do with the red, but more as to the breeding. I am trying to get alot of different albinos to try and selectively breed down the line. But now that i got caatingas i would love to breed those as well. I will post pics of the caatingas after they settle in. Again thank you.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan M View Post
    Got a few new pacs and took pics of 3 of them.

Strawberry Albino

Apricot

Lime Green Albino.
    Lol! Hmmmmm.......that Lime Albino may just be a mutant. Red and black eyes are kind of unusual for albinos of all morphs.

Ivan M

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Lol! Hmmmmm.......that Lime Albino may just be a mutant. Red and black eyes are kind of unusual for albinos of all morphs.
    His eyes are actually red and black around the edge, to be honest i do not know anything about mutants or what they should look like but here is a small story. I bought him and while walking around the show i noticed his right eye looked like it had an infection, i went back to the breeder and he agreed, well he asked me if i wanted my money back i said NO, well he exchanged the frog but gave me this one anyway, he felt bad that he did not notice the eye, so i took them both home, the "Good" Frog was dead the very next day (my fault) and this guy was alive, i kept this guy nice and warm and changed his water daily, keeping him at 80 Degrees i also fed him daily Canadian night crawlers, he has doubled in size and infection is gone, i am really happy he made it. I fed him his first tiny, tiny, tiny pinkie and he/she ate it with zero issues. So the little guy/gal is on his/her way. Also i just found out the the very first frog in these pics, the STRAWBERRY ALBINO, is actually a Strawberry pineapple. Must have been mislabeled, and i only paid 20 bucks for that little guy/gal at the same show, eats like a little pig too.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Yes, appears not a true albino, but more of a leucistic type. Not sure if that qualifies as a mutant. It is a nice and interesting frog !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information