Thread: Step forward and be recognized

Kurt

Default Step forward and be recognized

As a moderator (and a member) of this group I have noticed we have had a few new members join our happy ranks. I would like to take this time to welcome them and ask them to post a little something about themselves in the introduction section of our forum. Tell us who you are, where you are from, what frogs do you keep or intend to keep, and so on.

Thanks and welcome aboard

Billy

Default Re: Step forward and be recognized

Well, I've been here a little over a month now, and I've told you guys what I have, but I've gotten a few new froggy friends and haven't told much about me.
    I was born and raised in Iowa City, IA in 1981. I moved to a small town in N. IA in 1991, and graduated from the H.S. there. After my grandparents died, I moved down to GA to be near some very close friends. So many herps there! In 2007, I moved to TX. I lived in Temple for a while, then moved to Copperas Cove a year ago. There is a reptile shop just down the street from me, and that's where I've gotten a few of my froggy friends.
    My updated list now includes: 1 snow corn, 1 Chaco horned frog, 1 Chubby frog, 1 False Tomato frog, 2 Western Green Toads, 2 Gulf Coast Toads, 1 White's Tree Frog, 1 Dwarf Pyxie frog, 5 Oriental Fire Bellied Toads, 1 Red Eared Slider, and 1 Emp. Scorpion.
    I am hoping to get my hands on a couple of the larger Bufonids, including B. alvarius, B. marinus, and B. schnideri. I love toads, and the bigger ones are very beautiful in their own way.
    Anyways, that's me in a nut-shell.

Kurt

Very good. Good luck with your quest for large Bufonids, last time I saw a rococo for sale it was $200. We all know Colorado River toads are pricey as well. Marines? Well, they are cheap as heck.
    Check out Melanophryniscus stelzneri and Bufo variegatus, those are two of my favorite Bufonids.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Very good. Good luck with your quest for large Bufonids, last time I saw a rococo for sale it was $200. We all know Colorado River toads are pricey as well. Marines? Well, they are cheap as heck.
    Check out Melanophryniscus stelzneri and Bufo variegatus, those are two of my favorite Bufonids.
    Actually, there's a shop here in TX, that sells Rococos for under $40.00 I wish I had got one of the B. alvarius on Kingsnake.com for $75.00. But I didn't have the money at the time. I love those little Bumblebee toads. Never heard of B. variegatus, have to look it up. But if it's a toad, it's gold.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Never heard of B. variegatus, have to look it up. But if it's a toad, it's gold.
    Yes, its gold, and red (brown) and black.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome everyone! I was out in Central Oklahoma last night. I saw my first live adult American Bullfrog (very impressive), bunch of Woodhouse's toad breeding and elsewhere a bunch of Great Plains Toads breeding. That's my news!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Welcome everyone! I was out in Central Oklahoma last night. I saw my first live adult American Bullfrog (very impressive), bunch of Woodhouse's toad breeding and elsewhere a bunch of Great Plains Toads breeding. That's my news!
    You have never seen a live bullfrog in the flesh before? You should come to my house! We usually have up three bullfrogs living in the swimming pool at a time. We keep chlorine levels very low. There's one in there right at this moment. I have gotten to the point where I barely even notice them anymore.
    Other frogs seen in the yard are eastern American toads, wood frogs, and the occasional gray treefrog or spring peeper.
    However, I have never seen a Great Plains toad in the flesh before, so kudos!

Thread Information