Thread: How to force feed your PacMan?

Locascio

Smile How to force feed your PacMan?

what kind of techniques do people use to force feed frogs ?!?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

demon amphibians

Default Re: How to force feed your PacMan?

what in particular is wrong with your frog? I am sure you have heard of repta+boost i would use this above all other options but what you can do is pry the mouth open with a credit card or something thin and sturdy then slid something like rubber tongs to open its mouth wide enough to insert food, smaller pray is your best choice but repta+boost is the easiest method. i am sure you already now to be as gentle as possible. this is something i have had to do in the past with a different species of frog. But it seemed to work.

4. This member thanks demon amphibians for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: How to force feed your PacMan?

Ok Vince this is best done with two people. One to hold the frog so that it cannot back away and the other to do the feeding.

Use a plastic spoon to open the mouth. Use it upsidedown as the taper helps to separate the jaws. Place it between the upper and lower jaw at one side of the mouth. Position the spoon in the jaw between the hinge of the mouth and the snouth.

You will slide the spoon down towards the snout while applying gentle downward pressure. This will stimulate the frog to open its mouth. You will want to make sure that you have the food item ready so that you can quickly and carefully place the food in the mouth, but on the tongue so it is harder for the frog to spit the food out.

If the frog is weak and needs immediate nutrition you will want to use Fluker's Repta Boost as demon amphibians has stated. It is in the form of a liquid so the frog cannot spit it out. You will need to feed daily with this dietary supplement. It is designed for sick and malnourished reptiles and amphibians.

Always use something easily digested when force feeding a sick frog.

6. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Steniljeh

Default AW: How to force feed your PacMan?

Most of the time you can just "annoy" your buddy a bit. Just poke his mouth and feet gently with the food item and he might react to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwh...e_gdata_player

Uploaded this for demonstration (not the right frog for this... He is always hungry ^o^)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default How to force feed your PacMan?

I use the spoon method, as Grif does. The best spoon I have found to do this is a zoo pals plastic spoon. They are smooth and thick so your frog can't crack them or get hurt.

I too though am wondering if we could help your frog get to eating on his own? Can you tell us more about him? Size of frog? Type of home? Temp and humidity in his home? Is he showing signs of illness or just not eating?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information