Thread: Update on Laputa!!

aegillesp

Default Update on Laputa!!

I gave Laputa her worm meds last week and didn't see much of an improvement. Until last night. I put 3 calciworms and 3 wax worms in a ceramic bowl in her enclosure and this morning ALL were gone!! I've had crickets in there since Saturday and they are still in there. I'm not sure if she just can't get to the crickets or what but I was soo happy to see those worms gone. I don't think they crawled out.. It's just nice to see since she hasn't hardly eaten any thing in the last month-month and a half. I've also seen her on her vine more too!! Maybe her worm meds worked ? She still looks bloated for an AGTF.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Update on Laputa!!

Would remove and discard (do not return to cricket box) any crickets that remain uneaten for more than a couple days. Reason is their "gut loaded" nutritional value goes away as time passes. Also, a hungry cricket can bite a frog that does not eat it .

If eating worms would continue with that and try also adding earthworms (smaller red wrigglers) to feeder dish.

What parasite worms are we talking about? If hookworms or other nematodes would recommend 4 total anti-parasite treatments a week, apart due to their life cycle. Glad for frog improvement and good luck !

P.S. Every time I see the name of your frog... it me!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Creamballman

LOL, aegillesp, do you know what that means in spanish?

aegillesp

A lady at work who is Hispanic informed me... I named her after Miyazaki's Laputa: castle in the sky anime... Still made me giggle to find out though.

aegillesp

Great news! Vet called! Laputa got a clean bill of health!! I wanted to get more AGTF but all the Petsmarts quit carrying them =[. Is anyone selling or wanting to give theirs to a good home? I bet she'll love her new home once I get her to her 18x18x24" home!

Nationality
    [United States]

When you get your new frogs, need to quarantine them away from her. Otherwise, you risk messing up that clean bill of health. Good luck !

aegillesp

Quarantine as far as a new tank or can I use a small critter keeper? I have a few of them. Or would it defeat the purpose? I can use a critter keeper and put that in Laputa's home.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by aegillesp View Post
    Quarantine as far as a new tank or can I use a small critter keeper? I have a few of them. Or would it defeat the purpose? I can use a critter keeper and put that in Laputa's home.
    You can set them up in an appropriate sized keeper (I like the ExoTerra's Breeder Boxes) but placing keeper inside Laputa's home is a very high risk setting. Here is info on how to set-up a quarantine/hospital set-up written by Lynn: http://www.frogforum.net/general-dis...uarantine.html. The basic recommendation is 30 day's; recommend taking feces sample of new frog/s to vet and do any necessary treatment as soon as you get them home and eating.

If heating quarantine keeper is an issue, Zoo Med's RH-7 Mini heat mat can be affixed to plastic keepers, but be aware that the unit will only heat a few degrees above ambient. Or you could play with a desk lamp and red bulb (closer more heat, farther less heat). Good luck !

Thread Information