Thread: Hey everyone I am new to the forum Questions about my tiger legged monkey frog

chefrobert

Default Hey everyone I am new to the forum Questions about my tiger legged monkey frog

Hey everyone

I have a tiger legged monkey tree frog. I have a nano exo terra tank. I have two live plants and two branches for him to climb on. I have a couple of questions I have read they require low humidity so I keep it around 40% how often should i mist the tank?? Also I have crickets roaming freely in the tank about 3 at a time is that correct or should i put them in a bowl. I also have a shallow water bowl for him to go in and i have a UVB light in the tank. He hides during the day and I have the timer on the light on a 12 hour cycle on and off. I never see him come active or eat. I just got him a week ago?? Am i doing everything right? How many guys can I put in that tank too ??
    Thanks Robert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tubby0512

Default Re: Hey everyone I am new to the forum Questions about my tiger legged monkey frog

I don't know much about tiger leg monkey frog but I can answer the crickets. I have 3-4 dozen crickets roam in my tank with my grey tree frog and I don't see a problem with it. If he was in the wild he would hunt for his food. So I say you could put any amount in there with the frog. mine eats when ever he is hungry. I always keep extra food in his tank. he doesn't mind it.

Creamballman

Default Re: Hey everyone I am new to the forum Questions about my tiger legged monkey frog

I have a nano also with 2 clown tree frogs, and they do they same, always sleeping. But then I realized they are nocturnal, cause i was up around one and saw them up and about. Are monkey frogs nocturnal

chefrobert

Quote Originally Posted by Creamballman View Post
    I have a nano also with 2 clown tree frogs, and they do they same, always sleeping. But then I realized they are nocturnal, cause i was up around one and saw them up and about. Are monkey frogs nocturnal

hey yes tiger legged tree frogs are nocturnal

Creamballman

yeah, so then check after midnight and you'll probably see him moving. Always have food in there so if he gets hungry he can eat

chefrobert

hey yeah its 10pm he is up and moving around Should i put more than 3 crickets in the tank at a time??

Creamballman

Depends how big he is, 3 sounds good

Thread Information