Hi,

I finally got two whites tree frogs on Monday and they are settling into their new home really well....eating crickets and croaking all the time. I just love them! I do have a couple of questions about the lighting a humidity in their home, though...

In order to keep the temperatures in the recommended range, I am using a daytime heating bulb and a night time heat bulb. The night one gives off a dark bluish light and the package says it mimics moonlight...is this a good choice for tree frogs? My day time bulb is 60 watts and the night time one is 50. Does that sound right?

I know that uvb lighting isn't necessary but I already own a uvb lamp and bulb so I figured I may as well use it. It's not necessary but it won't hurt anything, right? What wattage uvb is recommended?

I have been misting the tank often but am finding it hard to maintain the humidity level with just a spray bottle to mist by hand. Should this be enough to maintain proper humidity? I have a terrarium with a screen top but I know that ventilation is necessary for tree frogs. Is there something I should be doing to increase humidity or would it be best for me to just invest in a quality automatic mister that I can put on a timer? What kind of automatic misters have you guys had the best luck with? Any other thoughts on my humidity issue?

To start with, I decided to keep the frogs in the terrarium with the eco earth substrate and moss on the terrarium floor. I guess I'm wondering if the substrate will end up molding and what I can do to prevent that from happening. how often is it recommended that the substrate is entirely cleaned out and replaced?

Thank for any information you can provide...I appreciate the help so much!

Laura