Thread: I bought what I thought was going to be another Whites Tree Frog...

Figfewdisgewd

Unhappy I bought what I thought was going to be another Whites Tree Frog...

Hi. I have had White's Tree Frogs for several years and one of my two frogs died a couple months ago. I kept feeling like Dumpy was getting lonely and decided it was time to get another. We went to a Petsmart and bought their last one that was big enough and brought it home to see this:

It looks nothing like my other one and has some small stripes on his/her legs. I have no idea what kind of frog it is for sure or whether or not it is safe to put it in a tank with Dumpy. Someone please answer quickly!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I bought what I thought was going to be another Whites Tree Frog...

I can't tell what it is from the photo - need a better photo, preferably from the side. I would not put it in with a White's Tree Frog. I would return it to the pet store and get my money back.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

It looks to be a Polypedates leucomystax, the golden treefrog. I second John do not house the two species together.

Figfewdisgewd

Okay I won't put it in the Dumpy tank. I am going to the Pet Store for a refund tomorrow. Thanks for answering before I named it
    Anything I should do to keep it safe until tomorrow? I have plenty of tank bedding and a seperate tank.

Kurt

As long as you are keeping it like any other treefrog it should be OK.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Something basic will be fine - large opaque tupperware container with moist paper towel, maybe something to hide under. Put it some where it won't see a lot of traffic - if the container is opaque or completely non-seethrough, it will help the frog feel more secure.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Figfewdisgewd

Okay I returned it a coupe days ago and saw this at the store!

Apparently someone switched the pictures and I was sold the wrong frog. I looked for bigger dumpies but they only had ones about 3/4". I'll look again some other day.

daziladi

Sheesh I paid $48 for Chester but he was already an adult so I think that raises the price.

Kurt

White's that small are usually captive bred.

Thread Information