Thread: Can you feed Pacman's Doodlebugs?

Derek001

Default Can you feed Pacman's Doodlebugs?

Hello all. I got a Pacman yesterday. About the size of a quater. He ate fresh dug up small eathworms this morning. Wondering if I can add some doodlebugs in the cage to offer a variety to the diet.

Armadillidiidae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Can you feed Pacman's Doodlebugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek001 View Post
    Hello all. I got a Pacman yesterday. About the size of a quater. He ate fresh dug up small eathworms this morning. Wondering if I can add some doodlebugs in the cage to offer a variety to the diet.

Armadillidiidae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If you buy them from a breeder they should be fine. Wild caught will contain parasites. Don't offer many either. They have a hard shell. Remember Isopods are a terrestrial crustacean.

TheHornedToad

Congratulations on a new frog. First are you getting your frogs food from the wild? I wouldn't feed any food items from the wild as they have many parasites that can affect your frog. Also insects and worms from the wild can have pesticides on them which can be harmful to your frog. If you are positive there is no pesticides used in your garden then maybe you can feed some wild caught insects but be very cautious! If you don't want to buy food often breed your own. You can feed "doodlebugs" I use to call them roly-polys but only if you buy them from a reputable source. Don't take them from the wild. They are commonly called isopods. Good Luck.

Derek001

Thanks for the replies. I don’t use any pesticides in my yard, but I understand the parasite issue.

My problem is with buying earthworms the closest place is walmart and those earthworms are huge. I do have a pets mart about 15 miles away. Do they sell smaller earthworms or another quality food item that small Pacmans can eat?

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks for the replies. I don’t use any pesticides in my yard, but I understand the parasite issue.

My problem is with buying earthworms the closest place is walmart and those earthworms are huge. I do have a pets mart about 15 miles away. Do they sell smaller earthworms or another quality food item that small Pacmans can eat?
    You can cut correct sized pieces off of the worms starting at the tail and offer them to your frog.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hello Derek! Even if you don't spray, sometimes neighbors or city does. For a smaller Pacman you can cut up to the rear half (pointy end) of worm and it will heal up. Can further cut the divided section as needed. Then feed other half the next day. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information