Thread: FBT climbing !

firefly

Default FBT climbing !

Saw one of my FBTs climbing the side of the tank today - right to the top! Then this afternoon, it was sitting on a bit of bogwood when suddenly it leapt at the side of the tank & stuck there for a few seconds before taking a high dive back into the water.

They seem very happy in the new set-up, and spend alot of time around the filter, and sitting on the elodea.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: FBT climbing !

Glad to hear they're enjoying themselves. Are they eating well?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

firefly

I've definately seen two of them eating hoppers, tho sometimes the hoppers can be sitting right by their side and they ignore them. Does this mean they are full maybe?

The third one seems very very shy. He/she hasn't ventured out much at all and is always hiding under the rocks etc. It appears healthy tho and soon shoots away into the water if I disturb it.

I have enclosed a couple of pics of the two 'brave ones' enjoying the moss. I love my froggies

By the way - does anyone know what kind of mosses I have in there please?

Last edited by firefly; March 21st, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: adding extra text

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Nice photos - thanks for sharing. I don't consider myself a plant expert and mosses are pretty hard to identify since there are so many kinds - sorry I can't help you there ;(.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

firefly

Thats ok John, they're out of my garden - no pesticides etc., They were growing on the slabs next to my pond. I washed them before adding to the tank.

Jace

Very nice setup!! I recently changed my own around and added some moss and mine seem to love it. However, they are no longer barking as much as they did before. I can't seem to figure out why, though their water is no longer heated like it was before. These guys can be very active and I've had more than a few chuckles at their antics. They make great pets! Enjoy!

firefly

They are strange little things aren't they. I mentioned that one of my FBTs is shy and doesn't come out much - well today he/she suddenly appeared by the bogwood and perched itself on the end where a hopper was staying absolutely motionless. The 'shy guy' watched for a second then launched itself at it and got it in one !! I thought they only ate moving food - so it must have known it was grub time.

Then a few minutes later I heard the little barking noises and he (I think it must be a he now) was latched onto the back of one of the others. The thing is the one he was clutching I thought was a male. Oh well at least he's happy .

my tank isn't heated either by the way - but they seem ok.

Thread Information