Name:  CAM00299.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  57.8 KB

Better pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tank Girl

Default Re: Post photos of your African Clawed Frog Set up

This is my 16 gallon ACF tank, home to Pebbles. I've never heard of anyone keeping an African Clawed Frog in one of these tanks before so I'm being very cautious. I've not quite finished yet either, I was hoping to attach one or two planted logs to suckers and put them on the sides of the glass, to provide extra hiding without compromising floor space (which this type of tank lacks).

And this is Pebbles on her little food dish..

Hi,

floor area is very important for ACFs- more so than the actual water volume. From what I can see in the pictures, thatīs not enough room for your frog to move. A standard 10 or better 20 gal long would be a much better choice. Sorry
    Amphibians kept:
    9.10.3 Hymenochirus boettgeri
    2.4.0 Xenopus laevis
    0.1.0 Hypselotriton orientalis
    3.0.0 Hyloxalus azureiventris
    4.1.0 Pipa parva
    2.1.2 Bombina orientalis
    1.0.0 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    2.2.0 Bombina orientalis

Tank Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    Hi,

floor area is very important for ACFs- more so than the actual water volume. From what I can see in the pictures, thatīs not enough room for your frog to move. A standard 10 or better 20 gal long would be a much better choice. Sorry
    Found a full tank picture including Pebbles, she seems to have enough room to move about for now..

I'm keeping my eye on growth and prepared to move her to something more frog-friendly as she gets bigger. For the mean time I have some extra rocks and was thinking of raising the floor by another inch or so. I only went ahead with this style of tank because I already had it lying about unused, it was not purposely bought for the frog, so I don't mind switching it

CJP32

Hello, I just joined so I though a pic might be in order. Currently they are in a 10 gallon tank with a hob and a sponge filter. A few live plants and river rock. The frogs are Gonzo (albino), Kermit, Scooter and Animal (wild type ) they are about 3 or 4 months old.

Nice looking frogs! Raising young froglets to maturity is one of my favorite things about keeping ACFs. It's hard to estimate the size of your frogs in these pics, but I assume you will be in for a tank upgrade soon? A 20gallon long would probably suit you for a year or so, but my guess is you're going to need something larger in the long run. I keep 6 adults (4 males and 2 females) in a 40 gallon breeder and its seems like just enough space.

Your live plants look like they're doing really well. What have you got in there and what's the lighting requirements?
    My frogs trashed some anubias a few years ago and I've been wary of returning to live plants since then. But they definitely do have a nicer look.

CJP32

Quote Originally Posted by SwimminSteve View Post
    Nice looking frogs! Raising young froglets to maturity is one of my favorite things about keeping ACFs. It's hard to estimate the size of your frogs in these pics, but I assume you will be in for a tank upgrade soon? A 20gallon long would probably suit you for a year or so, but my guess is you're going to need something larger in the long run. I keep 6 adults (4 males and 2 females) in a 40 gallon breeder and its seems like just enough space.

Your live plants look like they're doing really well. What have you got in there and what's the lighting requirements?
    My frogs trashed some anubias a few years ago and I've been wary of returning to live plants since then. But they definitely do have a nicer look.
    Thank you sir. Gonzo, the albino, is the biggest he is probably 2 to 2.5" long not including his arms or legs. I have a 55g tank that is set up and I'm working on getting the water ready. I just picked up a water test kit so hopefully I can get it squared away. For the plant's lighting I've had the led lid light on and open the shades of two windows nearby. Other than the anubias I couldn't tell you what kind of plans they are, I just asked the employee of the pet store for a few hardy plants. I'll post a few pics of the new tank once they have been moved.

ArtsieSarah

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  66.5 KBHere's my super natural themed tank 😊 it's 10 gallons with 2 ACF's

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey there, acfs need 10 gallons per frog so make sure you upgrade those guys when you can also is that gravel? Please switch to sand as they can become impacted from eating gravel

Randy

Name:  20140921_195941.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  54.8 KB90 gallon tank under gravel filter, CF4000V canister filter ,3 African clawed frogs all adults ,screened lid 2 yoyo loaches ,1 dragon goby 24 inches ,1 purple spotted gudgeon.Name:  eel2.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  39.4 KBName:  african frog 1.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  63.3 KBName:  african frog 2.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  57.3 KBName:  African frogs pal.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  40.6 KB

lbecktell

Here's my 20 gallon tank for one male ACF.

It has a piece of mopani driftwood, several anubias species, a fluval 306 and a river rock substrate. Michigan is getting a male tank mate Tuesday as well as some shrimp friends, so will update then too!Name:  1011140946.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  51.9 KBName:  1011140947.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  78.9 KBName:  1011140948.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  71.5 KB

hi! these are all so, so gorgeous. I'm probably getting ACF soon. how does a 10 gal tank for 2 frogs with a floating moss ball, large River Rock substrate, and several hiding spaces sound? and do I need a filter or can I just clean it out every few days?

Nationality
    [United States]

You will need a larger tank soon. A 20 gal long would be good for awhile. Skip the river rock substrate and go with a sand substrate. I would also recommend a filter. Make sure you have a good cover too so the frogs can't escape.

15. This member thanks spotfin for this post:

I also do not fill the tank to the top. I have a good cover on it but there are a couple of inches buy the filter that I was afraid they might get through. So the water is about two inches from the top of the tank.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Smile Re: Post photos of your African Clawed Frog Set up

Randy, those frogs and that dragon goby are glorious!

Here's my 20 gallon setup. 2 males, 1 albino, 1 normal.

Nationality
    [United States]

My goodness you have chunk Munks. I thought mine were big lol.

Name:  thumbnail_image1.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  141.5 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_1780.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  225.5 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_2322.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  80.9 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_2520.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  183.5 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_2521.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  157.9 KB
    I currently Have Reticulated Albinos, Albinos, Wild Type, and Borealis. I'm hopefully will have a Muelleri to add to the batch. Hopefully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information