Thread: Question about water dish cleaning

Chinchilla527

Question Question about water dish cleaning

Hey guys,wats up.
    It's not really a question about pacman,whereas this is my favorite section through out the whole forum, so i decide to post my question here.
    After my frog army is getting bigger(1 pacman,3 pixie frog,3 antongilii and 4 waxy on the way), i found myself in a awkward situation that not knowing how to clean their waterdish properly.
    Since most of my frogs like to pooping in their waterdish, and ever worse, I bought this Japanese brand waterdish, which has a stone looking( i believe the brand name is called sudo), this waterdish is very hard to clean... especially after the frog are fed with pacman food.
    Due to the poop, i'd like to believe just wash those waterdishes is not enough. so i use boil water to wash them every week. Now i just wander if any product in the market will do the same work for my without leaving any chemical residual. Is the thing called wipe out form Zoomed usable for amphibian?
    cheers, have a nice weekend all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Question about water dish cleaning

There are two products from Zoo Med called Wipe Out.

Wipe Out 1 is for disinfecting and cleaning the frog's enclosure. Must be used with the enclosure empty with absolutely nothing that the frog comes in contact with in the tank when you use the product. Wipe Out 1 is not safe for water dishes. It works well for tank cleaning. Follow the instruction on use.

The product safe for water dishes is Wipe Out 2. I haven't used it because it is hard to find here for some reason. I just use really hot water to clean the dishes and wipe them out really well before using them again.

Chinchilla527

Default Re: Question about water dish cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    There are two products from Zoo Med called Wipe Out.

Wipe Out 1 is for disinfecting and cleaning the frog's enclosure. Must be used with the enclosure empty with absolutely nothing that the frog comes in contact with in the tank when you use the product. Wipe Out 1 is not safe for water dishes. It works well for tank cleaning. Follow the instruction on use.

The product safe for water dishes is Wipe Out 2. I haven't used it because it is hard to find here for some reason. I just use really hot water to clean the dishes and wipe them out really well before using them again.
    thx a lot my friend. I'll try to find out if "wipe out 2" is available in China, if not i will hang on to boiled water.
    Have a nice weekend and talk soon.

Thread Information