Thread: Help

Susie Anderson

Default Help

I have a baby bullfrog. He just changed a week ago. He ate a cricket an hour ago that was too big (it got dropped in by accident) and is still sitting with his mouth open. He doesn't seem to be in distress, has moved around the tank, but comes back to the basking area and sits with his mouth open again. Is there anything I can do?

froglover9

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Susie Anderson View Post
    I have a baby bullfrog. He just changed a week ago. He ate a cricket an hour ago that was too big (it got dropped in by accident) and is still sitting with his mouth open. He doesn't seem to be in distress, has moved around the tank, but comes back to the basking area and sits with his mouth open again. Is there anything I can do?
    First of all, how big is the frog and how big is the cricket? It could be that your frog is trying to regurgitate the cricket. If it doesn't stop in a few days you should take it to a qualified herp vet at once.

Susie Anderson

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by froglover9 View Post
    First of all, how big is the frog and how big is the cricket? It could be that your frog is trying to regurgitate the cricket. If it doesn't stop in a few days you should take it to a qualified herp vet at once.
    He did regurgitate, and ate again. Seems fine again!

Thread Information