Thread: Eggs?!!!

Default Eggs?!!!

I've been noticing two of my D. azureus hanging around each other for the last two days and I had suspected each was a male and female. I decided to check their coconut and sure enough there were eggs, five of them. Two looked molded and other three looked normal. I took the Petri dish out and put it in a tupperware.

Here's the thing...My frogs aren't even a year old. The male hasn't even called. So out of the five I bought last September it looks like I have four females and one male.

I also decided to check on my D. leucomelas and what do ya know- eggs, but these were already formed with tales sitting on top of a round egg.

Now what? I'm not really sure what to do next. For now I decided to leave the leuc eggs alone until I get some good info as to what to do next.

I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting eggs for the next three to four months. These frogs aren't even a year old.

Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Eggs?!!!

Not to worry anymore. I found a couple of sites that explained step by step what to do with the eggs. If I get them to tadpole stage I'll try and post something.

BTW - The tails on those Leuc eggs are wriggling around so I know they're alive. Now I know where I'm going to get the money for my Thumbnails.

DartEd

Haha. Congratulations on the eggs and your future thumbnails. It's actually not very complicated to rear tads as long as you follow the directions you found. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DartEd View Post
    Haha. Congratulations on the eggs and your future thumbnails. It's actually not very complicated to rear tads as long as you follow the directions you found. Good luck.
    I remember reading somewhere, maybe on Dendroboard, that the difficult part is when they are free swimming tadpoles.

Anyhow, it's Friday night and I'm relaxin' with my frogehs....

I know this thread should be under Breeding, Tadpoles and Eggs, but I thought I'd make one last entry with a picture.

Name:  100_3327.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  68.9 KB

Thread Information