Thread: Found Western Chorus Frog in my kitchen!?!?!

graphicgirl

Default Found Western Chorus Frog in my kitchen!?!?!

I am an animal lover... and my cats were stalking something under the fridge... I thought an ant or something... then I come back and they are in the middle of the floor surrounding this linty thing shaped like a frog... I pick it up and it IS a frog... looks dead and dried out... but as I pick the link off... it flinches... so I run it under water and put in a jar with a smidge of water... and it plumps up nicely.... then I go on the internet and after much searching... identify it as a western chorus frog... I thought it was a baby.. but apparently these are very small frogs so I think it is an adult... it is Mid-March and snow is on the ground here although we have had some 40 degree days recently... I played some of the internet recordings of chorus frogs for it... and it got quite excited...

So I read where they can survive outside and my husband told me to let it go... we have a creek nearby so I took it there and put it on the edge of the water but it jumped in and the current pulled it out a bit and it started struggling like it was going to drown so I scooped it back up and put in on the ground/mud nearby... I hope it is going to be ok... weird thing is... I never noticed or heard the frogs this time of year... and now... after letting it go... I go outside an hour later and all I hear is chorus frogs (lots of them) across the street by the creek and nearby cornfield... and it is mid-day (I thought they were nocturnal)... I am tempted to go back and see if it is still there and ok...

Any advice? And can anyone tell me HOW it got in my house/kitchen? This is the SECOND time in two years my cats have found a frog in the house... the other time it was a larger frog... not sure of the breed... and I was able to rehydrate and set it free as well... though that time it was warmer out I believe... crazy!

gg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Found Western Chorus Frog in my kitchen!?!?!

i do not know at all how the chorus frog got in your citchen, its a mystery! your husband was right to say to let it go, these frogs are very hardy and can survive below zero or below 32 degrees to the american thermometer.
    "A Righteous man cares for his animals" - Proverbs 12:10
    1.0.0 Correlophus cilliatus
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    0.1.0 Ambystoma mexicanum
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea
    1.1.0 Dendrobates auratus "Nicaraguan"
    0.0.2 Dendrobates tinctorius "Azureus"

Thread Information