Thread: Which one?

whitfield

Default Which one?

I have the choice of getting either 4 white's tree frogs or 4 fire bellied toads

If someone could list the pro's and con's of each i would greatly appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Which one?

4 White's Tree Frogs will need a very large terrarium, since they get so big. They'll also go through a lot of food. Temperature, humidity, and general maintenance will be easier if you get the toads. Those are the things that spring to my mind.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

Keep in mind wild caught frogs should be treated by a vet for gastrointestinal parasites and most fire-bellies are WC caught. At the same time, half of the White's are WC with the rest being CB. With White's you can tell by the size, large frogs are WC, small most likely CB. Also, if it's Australian its CB and Indonesian its WC.

Another point, is just about everyone has White's, not every one has fire-bellies. So I would argue for fire-bellies. Why be like everyone else?

Then there's John point. See above

Fire-bellies are more active and colorful too.

whitfield

Thanks for the help i was somewhat leaning to the fire-bellied toads already (now i am pretty much sure i will get them) because i had two of them a year ago but i had snakes close to them with a heat lamp and the heat lamp broke and fried my frogs.

Kurt

That sucks.

Thread Information