Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whites Tree Frog in trouble..Please help!

xXxHeavenxXx

Default Re: Whites Tree Frog in trouble..Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    Have you tried wax worms?? Shadrack was real thin and I feed him several during the week. They don't move fast, but enough that it got his attention. These are high in fat content and maybe will help put a little more weight on him during his recovery.
    are the wax worms the ones that bite? I could try something like that though I'd be afraid to leave them in there with him since he just sits around the bottom and hasnt really climbed up high yet. We used to give him mealworms in a bowl once in a while, but he never took them out of our fingers or tongs like our cuban tree frogs do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

xXxHeavenxXx

This morning he looks good! I think the pedialyte does him wonders! Looks nice and alert so we keep dancing the cricket in front of him..still nothing. I hope he will attack that thing today sometime.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I guess anything can bite, but I've never had a problem with them. I've used wax worms for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavenxXx View Post
    are the wax worms the ones that bite? I could try something like that though I'd be afraid to leave them in there with him since he just sits around the bottom and hasnt really climbed up high yet. We used to give him mealworms in a bowl once in a while, but he never took them out of our fingers or tongs like our cuban tree frogs do.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

silivrentoliel

Just reading this as I have a little guy from Petco having issues too... the green spots you referred too... do you have any pix? I'm picking up all kinds of info here

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by silivrentoliel View Post
    Just reading this as I have a little guy from Petco having issues too... the green spots you referred too... do you have any pix? I'm picking up all kinds of info here
    Not Lisa's frog, but one of my sick ones. These are the spots on George, not sure if it would be the same issue. Name:  IMG_5705.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  48.3 KB

silivrentoliel

holy cow... i don't mean to hijack the thread.. here mine was not too terribly long ago...Name:  echo-green spots.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  92.5 KB

is that the same kinda green spots?

xXxHeavenxXx

holy cow... i don't mean to hijack the thread.. here mine was not too terribly long ago...Name:  echo-green spots.jpg

thats what mine looked like..spots alll over ours were slightly bigger. thats when i took him to the vet for sure

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Whites Tree Frog in trouble..Please help!

Silivrentoliel, your baby needs treated too.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

xXxHeavenxXx

Hi all..Just curious, but when should all of his signs of him being sick actually go away? Im getting kind of nervous. We took him to the vet a week ago now, and while everything has gotten better, its not completely gone. I still hear clicking when I pick him up and put him down. I kind of thought it would be like a human, you know, the "cough" goes away but you still have to treat for another week.
    I'm just getting anxious I think lol. Still wont attack that cricket! GRRR!

silivrentoliel

I took mine to the vet (I started another thread so as to not hijack this one) but he's more clueless than I am, and I live in the middle of nowhere (ok, that's a lie, but I'm in a backwoods/rural town)... so I'm kinda winging it... the spots are gone tho... that picture is at least a few weeks old.

Nationality
    [United States]

Lisa, you'll have to force feed. Pull the head and legs off the cricket. Lightly dust with calcium with vitamin D 3 powder. Pick your baby up with a paper towel moistened with lukewarm dechlorinated water and gently wrap the towel around him like a swaddle, but not tightly. Very carefully open his mouth with a soft baby spoon or carefully with your pointer finger nail (with nonpowdered gloves on). Do not cut him. As he opens his/her mouth, slide the corner of a qtip into the side of his mouth to keep it open just enough to put the cricket in. Carefully put the cricket into his mouth. Do not choke him...put it in a bit so he feels it on his tongue, and try to hold it in a second or two so he does not push it back out. A cut piece of worm would work great also.

He needs some food and he really needs the calcium with vitamin D3. We need to get some nutrition into him and we need to prevent MBD.

Give it a try and see what you can do. Just be calm and patient. It works best if someone can hand you the qtip and food.

Great job so far!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi all..Just curious, but when should all of his signs of him being sick actually go away? Im getting kind of nervous. We took him to the vet a week ago now, and while everything has gotten better, its not completely gone. I still hear clicking when I pick him up and put him down. I kind of thought it would be like a human, you know, the "cough" goes away but you still have to treat for another week.
    I'm just getting anxious I think lol. Still wont attack that cricket! GRRR!
    I think he may be clicking as a defense. The spots take about 2 to 6 weeks to go away.

xXxHeavenxXx

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    I think he may be clicking as a defense. The spots take about 2 to 6 weeks to go away.
    really? Our spots are all gone. its just the clicking I am upset about..so that may be nothing at all?

xXxHeavenxXx

I will try again with the force feeding. We have the powder and everything so we will kill that last cricket in his cage and try that one. I feel like such a failure that I cant get his mouth open. trying to give it to him in between the clicking is not working. We have not tried a baby spoon or my nail so maybe that will work. We will go out to walmart to get those things shortly.

xXxHeavenxXx

my nail seemed to work. I can get it open, but I cant get the qtip in. We can probably get the tiny crickets in his mouth this way. the one cricket we had left was a little too big. I couldnt get his mouth open big enough without my finger sliding out of his mouth. Going to try again tomorrow with a new small batch. Wish me luck!

Nationality
    [United States]

Good idea. Get some nice small ones. I am at work today 07:00 til about 20:00 (8pm). It is 05:00 here now. I have to get ready for work. I'll check back tonight. Good luck! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hi Lisa,
    How are things going this morning ?

There are instructions here for force feeding:
    http://www.frogforum.net/tree-frogs/...-supplies.html

Let us know ! Sorry, this little guy is giving you such a tough time. Her has perseverance

Lynn
    Last edited by flybyferns; February 24th, 2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: because I can't type !
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"

Oophaga pumilio "Black Jeans"
    Oophaga pumilio "Isla Popa"
    Oophaga pumilio "Bastimentos"
    Oophaga pumilio “Mimbitimbi”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Colubre"
    Oophaga pumilio "Red Frog Beach”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Branco"
    Oophaga pumilio “Valle del Rey”
    Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"
    Oophaga pumilio "El Dorado"
    Oophaga pumilio "Cristobal"
    Oophaga pumilio "Rambala"

Oophaga “Vicentei” (blue)

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga sylvatica "Pata Blanca"
    Oophaga histrionica “Redhead”
    Oophaga histrionica "Blue"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"
    Oophaga histrionica "Tado"

Ranitomeya variabilis "Southern"
    Ranitomeya imitator "Varadero"
    Ranitomeya sirensis "Lower Ucayali"
    Ranitomeya vanzolinii

http://www.fernsfrogs.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ferns.frogs

Nationality
    [United States]

Go out and buy some Fluker's Repta Boost. You can feed him this supplement for malnourished insectavore/carnavores. It comes with a syringe and instuctions for dosing. It may be easier for you to give to him if you are having trouble keeping his mouth open. You can mix some Calcium D3 powder in with the dose for your frog.

Good luck!

xXxHeavenxXx

Hi is anyone on right now?

Need help! Hes actually attacking the crickets by himself he caught one...but hes not swallowing it! Its in his mouth as he is going after more crickets?? Any idea why he wont swallow the crickets??

xXxHeavenxXx

Hi is anyone on right now?

Need help! Hes actually attacking the crickets by himself he caught one...but hes not swallowing it! Its in his mouth as he is going after more crickets?? Any idea why he wont swallow the crickets??
    ITS DOWN!!!
    HE DID IT!!! ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I'm crying! lol I had everything all ready to go and I told my boyfriend powder em up and give him a chance so we dumped a BUNCH in. We got about 10 this time. And he started lunging toward them and its like his tounge isnt sticky anymore. They kept getting away so we took some back legs off and BAM! He caught one! He didnt swallow it right away..and started attacking other crickets and we were afraid it was going to fall out of his mouth like we watched a couple of times. Then he finally did his froggy stretches and got it down!! Hes still hunting. one was definitely not enough but he keeps missing. Moving around the tank like a champ tho! Hopping, walking toward em..ugh I am so happy!!

Ive never seen him miss sooo much..I hope it will come back to him as he gets more! He definitely wants more!

22. This member thanks xXxHeavenxXx for this post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information