Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Miniature Tree Frog??

Honest John

Default Re: New Miniature Tree Frog??

I don't think they're "Coqui" now as they have not grown any more, and I should of heard them by now.?. I want to believe they are the typical Cuban Tree Frog, but I would think they would of grown some by now?
    I'm gonna share some new pictures here;
    Name:  DSCN9116.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  58.8 KBName:  DSCN9119.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  79.7 KBName:  DSCN9122.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  72.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Honest John

Name:  DSCN9124.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  60.6 KBName:  DSCN9129.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  20.3 KBName:  DSCN9131.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  25.8 KB

Cute little guy's, but we still don't know what they are?

Honest John

How did I miss your reply??? - I guess I seen my pics and thought it was my reply?? - You might be right on with the little grass frog, but I just do not get the dark colors your photos show?? - I did not even see this grass frog on UF's list? - It must be it, and they might change color too being kinda transparent also? - Thanks so much! - It's too small to be the Coqui. I did get some high pitch chirps tonight! But not as loud as the Coqui. -

We had a few cold snaps, and I do not see as many anymore, but I have a big area where they can hide.

I give you Full permission to use any of my pics if needed. - Email if you want them as a full file. Thanks Again!

Honest John

Ha Ha - Tonight has been so loud with many frogs calling out while we still have the home open without AC. - Believe it or not the pool can be only used one month a year, here in South Miami because its on the north side of the home, and shaded. It does not get above 75 degrees F. but for only one month.

I had solar panels until 2005 when a hurricane took them off with most of the roof.! - I enjoy not having the pump running with the electric bill, plus chemicals.

Now I would hate to remove this foot or 2 of green water at the bottom, now full of many size tad-poles. - I'm gonna have to save many of them and re-locate to the canals that are all over the area. Re-locating was my plan because of a job I was at, and was it was gonna be easy where I was, but I'm not there now, and this relocation project has taken too much time.

Still I enjoy nature, and theres nothing like having it at your feet 24/7! - I really hate having a pool you cant use, and I rather have a frog, turtle & fish pond? - Realtor's don't want to hear that!

My buddy has growing aquatic plants for 25 years, and I would have no problem loading it up with Lilly's that have 6 foot pads and all the other pond plants he grows, just checkout his plants at Luster Aquatic Nursery
    And tell him, (Craig) that Honest John sent you for great plants!

Name:  DSCN3300.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  184.3 KB
    This is my pool when it was full of water. I drained it to do some maintenance that started this whole episode! .

NancyC

Default New Miniature Tree Frog??

These are Cuban tree frogs. They start out small. Here is mine after a few months. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365902313.289510.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  65.2 KB
    But after about 6 months will be like this...Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365902492.149308.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  87.7 KB
    I raised mine from a tadpole I found in my pond. I am in Miami. They are everywhere out here.

NancyC

Default New Miniature Tree Frog??

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365902803.788044.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  59.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365902830.780047.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  68.9 KB more baby pictures of my Cubans just For reference. If you have Cubans in your yard you will end up only having Cubans. They will eat all the other native frogs. I used to have all kinds of frogs in my yard but now just Cubans. I love my frogs and care for them dearly but it is a bad idea to make them a perfect breeding sanctuary in your back yard. I too thought I had a different tree frog when they were tadpoles and even for the first month. Even so, they do make a hardy pet and are pretty active at night.

Honest John

Thanks for your reply, but I cant get these little guys to grow for all this time now when I also have Cuban browns and, some tri colored I call them. They must eat my little guys. Theres some fat lizards walking around now. - I also have solid green anolies! Pics soon! -- Too much fun to watch! - The bugs and spiders have moved in after I stopped spraying my orchids. Theres a eco system these things can always fill when we humans don't mess with it. It's so amazing to watch!

When we did mining in the Key's, I couldn't believe how fast these 50 foot deep pits would fill up with salt water life without any links to the ocean! There would be 4 foot barracuda's in 3 years! - My guess birds drop many of the fish, but it's so amazing how fast this happens! -

When they dig a hole for a highway overpass, these fresh water ponds become so alive in just months! - Life = Just add water! - Sometimes farm raised Fish get added later, and a whole eco system is created. - Nature is so amazing how it will always survive even when we mess with it!! - Or main problem is the chemicals we inject into this system!

I just want to add here; Put a bucket of water in your yard, shaded, and let us know how much life is in there after a month!
    Last edited by Honest John; April 14th, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Coquies are illegal as pets!!

Honest John

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoadgirl View Post
    Coquies are illegal as pets!!
    It now obvious they're not Coquies. - They are the Grass Frog that Nora pointed out.

Nationality
    [United States]

do you still got the coqui frog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information