Thread: lump on side impaction?

ninkyninja

Default lump on side impaction?

I'm probably just freaking out for no reason but i just bought a baby albino. I got him home and he scarfed down 3 crickets right away. After he ate i noticed a lump on his side that i didn't notice before. Could it just be a cricket or is it an impaction. The lady at the store tried to force me to buy moss and i told her it could cause impaction and she said actually it can not I said whatever I'm not buying it. Anyway here is a pic its not that good its from a crappy phone but you can still see the buldge
    Name:  pacman.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  30.1 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ninkyninja

Default Re: lump on side impaction?

When i touch the lump its not hard and i just checked on him and spotted a big turd so I'm guessing he/she isn't impacted. Just new mommy freak out . i hope.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Don't worry about it. He'll be fine. If he doesn't **** for over 5 days give him a soak in dechlorinated water with a couple drops of honey dissolved in it. The water should be 80 deg. F. It will not feel hot to you, but that's a good temp. Soak for about 15 min, then put him in his water dish (also dechlorinated)

He'll dump if you do this, but your frog isn't impacted. He just ate. You're seeing the crickets in his stomach. Go easy at first with the feeding. Feed nightcrawlers for a bit if you're still worried in a few days.

-----------------
    Thanks
    DW
    Thanks
    DW

ninkyninja

he did take a dump as soon as i made this thread. I tried feeding him a cut up nightcrawler which i was to be his staple food but he wanted nothing to do with it. I'm going to buy tongs tomorrow and see if i can get him to eat them that way.

Nationality
    [Canada]

glad he is fine, he looks beautiful even in that crappy pic lol yeah you can try tong feeding, but go easy and not to annoy him too much, he is still adjusting, he needs time, but it is great that he ate for you right away.

lol oh pet stores and arguing with them lol
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

ninkyninja

He came out of his hole about 6 tonight and i offered him 2 crickets he ate both so decided to see if he would take a piece of worm from his new tongs and he did!! Which i dropped the crickets in his cage to try to teach him when he sees tongs it means food didnt really expect him to take the worm. He seems pretty happy and I'm glad hes eating well for me didn't think he would eat for a few days till he was settled in

Nationality
    [United States]

Default lump on side impaction?

Sounds like things are going well. The right sided lump is the food moving down through and soon after he should have a good poop for you. I'm glad he went for you. As Deedub has guided, the honey soak works well if he doesn't go for a good few days. Glad you avoided the moss. Congrats on your new frog!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information