Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 110 gallon vivarium build

FriedrichsFrogs

Default Re: 110 gallon vivarium build

its coming along pretty cool, timbo, congrats it looks great! Also, i like the lego people in the background

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

billybatz9

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Thanks you. I certainly don't mind if you write an article, but you have to realize that I've learnt everything on how to build this tank on this forum. Here is a quote of the build that inspires me 1700 gallon stingray river
    Also here are two of the members who have taken time to help me problem solve and understand what I was doing deranged chipmunk and Mike M670
    Once you finish everyhting up, I will do the article and mention everyone who deserves the credit
    Thank you

Default 110 gallon vivarium build

After a lot and a lot of procrastination and just focusing on other things and with some extreme motivation in the form of removal of the tank I have finished!! Here are some photos documenting the progress
    Those were all just after I had finished painting them. The next photo I glued some moss to the expanding foam in homes that real moss will grow over is

And I got some crabs... Because they are fantastic!

This is my custom top

So happy to have it pretty much done. I'm still slowly adding stuff. Currently I have 4 red claw crabs, 4 anoles, 2 green tree frogs, 20ish guppies, 5 ghost shrimp, 4 dawarf butterflies cichlids, and 1 striped Raphael catfish. Any input or suggestions welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timbo!! It looks great man! That Raphael is going to outgrow the tank fast though.

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Thanks man. That Raphael is actually a bit of a funny story. I was given it about 4 years ago then decided to shut down a tank so I gave it to my uncle and then forgot about it. While I was getting some filtered water for this tank I found him again! My uncle didn't even know he was in his tank. So I tossed him in here, but if he gets to big I'll give him back. One thing I was recently considering is putting some stuff in there that are almost bonsi tree idea but a little more natural looking. Basically I want to find a really Twisted shrub and trim the lower part so there are open spaces at the bottom and a leafy platform about 3 inches from the top. We will see, I've noticed the the frogs and the anoles like to be high.

Nationality
    [United States]

Any updates?

Ya here are a couple photos and a video. I've finally started figuring out how to properly care for reptiles and my remaining anole is looking significantly healthier.https://vimeo.com/147177148

I just looked back on this form and I've done A lot since I last posted. There is a large piece of wood rim the middle that I took off my grand parents plum tree while I was pruning it. Also I started to see what can I grow in here and started throwing seeds and plants in. Currently I have two avocados growing and i have tried many other plants (including garlic) with varying success. This week I actually looked at the tank and was very happy with it.

10. This member thanks Timbo for this post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information