Thread: Got Into a fight with Sheldon.

tattoofix

Default Got Into a fight with Sheldon.

Well. I was misting Sheldon's tank today, and Like I normally do, I lightly mist OVER him kinda like rainfall. Well. He started literally flinging dirt at me then cleaned his face! So I laughed at him and gently sprayed him again, He started Flinging dirt again! Then cleaned his face and opened his mouth at me like he was all ticked off! So I let him sit for a minute, he cleaned his face and started burrowing down into his substrate. It was the funniest thing I have seen! He came out today and looked at me like "I will eat your face when your sleeping." then just turned his back on me. hehe certainly has a little personality! Anyone else have an altercation with their froggie?

2. This member thanks tattoofix for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Australia]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Got Into a fight with Sheldon.

Haha that sounds hilarious, would love to have seen it!
    ~ Australian frogs Gotta love them

mchell43

Quote Originally Posted by tattoofix View Post
    Well. I was misting Sheldon's tank today, and Like I normally do, I lightly mist OVER him kinda like rainfall. Well. He started literally flinging dirt at me then cleaned his face! So I laughed at him and gently sprayed him again, He started Flinging dirt again! Then cleaned his face and opened his mouth at me like he was all ticked off! So I let him sit for a minute, he cleaned his face and started burrowing down into his substrate. It was the funniest thing I have seen! He came out today and looked at me like "I will eat your face when your sleeping." then just turned his back on me. hehe certainly has a little personality! Anyone else have an altercation with their froggie?
    Sooo funny I was doing the same thing 2 nights ago , and when soil is a bit dry I turn nosel to spray out thin water . Rolo jumped up and tried to catch water in his mouth, I could not believe it I nearly fell laughing . I just wish I had my phone to video this. I sprayed a few times and he jumped around trying to eat the water when it hit the soil, Im thinking he was hungry and mistook water hitting soil as a hopper. But it was so cute to watch. I must do it again and video this ! He even tryed catching drops off glass when I sprayed the glass .

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by tattoofix View Post
    They normally don't like to be misted directly and if it was making the frog mad then doing it a second time just to get a laugh is the same as tormenting for your amusement. The opening of the mouth was most like him finishing up a shed. If you get watee in their nostrils you can cause them to get pnemonia. Their nostrils do not close off like aquatic and semiaquatic species. Please don't torment Sheldon.

When misting the walls of the enclosure water will mist down onto him. There is no reason to mist them directly.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by mchell43 View Post
    Sooo funny I was doing the same thing 2 nights ago , and when soil is a bit dry I turn nosel to spray out thin water . Rolo jumped up and tried to catch water in his mouth, I could not believe it I nearly fell laughing . I just wish I had my phone to video this. I sprayed a few times and he jumped around trying to eat the water when it hit the soil, Im thinking he was hungry and mistook water hitting soil as a hopper. But it was so cute to watch. I must do it again and video this ! He even tryed catching drops off glass when I sprayed the glass .
    I've seen this behavior from young frogs. You have to be careful doing this because everytime he strikes at the water he will get nothing but substrate. If he ingests to much he will become ill or worse impacted.

tattoofix

Oh i didn't know that, He looked dry and wouldn't let me get him out for a soak so i just did a light mist above him onto the wall and let the little droplets fall on him, you know what I mean? I didn't think it was anything. Thanks though for the advice I didnt know.

Thread Information