Thread: lighting question

ab positive bulldogs

Default lighting question

So I got my first pacman frog yesterday he ate a pinky just fine tried to feed him a night crawler today he didnt take it.... (not worried yet) but let me get to my actual question lol

I have a tank with eco earth some moss a water bowl and a heat lamp and a hide....I hear people getting timers I have my light on full time...should I turn it off at night? Any help will be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Boxermomsc

Default Re: lighting question

I have a tank with seven Green Tree Frogs and another with three Fire-Bellied Toads (as well as a tank with three small red eared sliders). I turn everybody's lights off at night. I do have an LED night light in the room since they don't get much moonlight. I figure this gives them just enough light to find the crickets which may have hidden during the day. Overall, they are thriving well. I've used this set up for about 8 months now. Lisa

Ozone17K

Yes turn off the light during day and if its some sort of uvb bulb then don't have it on for the entire day time. At max ill give my pacs about 6 to 8 hours of uvb every other day.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by ab positive bulldogs View Post
    So I got my first pacman frog yesterday he ate a pinky just fine tried to feed him a night crawler today he didnt take it.... (not worried yet) but let me get to my actual question lol

I have a tank with eco earth some moss a water bowl and a heat lamp and a hide....I hear people getting timers I have my light on full time...should I turn it off at night? Any help will be appreciated!
    NO UVB! they don't need it and if you have albino it is extremely dangerous. keep 12/12 day/night cycle using just regular low voltage lamp.

take it easy on pinkies, max one a month. do have pics? we love pics
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

6. This member thanks Lija for this post:

ab positive bulldogs

Thanks for the Help everyone! I made a post about my new frog put a pic and a video...people didn't seem to care too much

But here is a pic of my new Pacman Frog and his set up I am gonna add a backround and a pothos plant this weekend!

Nationality
    [Canada]

oh my apologies, I've seen this little dude in your other thread. ) he is adorable!

the set up however - take the moss out, you don't want to risk impaction
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

ab positive bulldogs

Will he just eat it? Or only when feeding? Guys at the shop said it was ok
    Is there anything else i can put in? The moss holds water well

Nationality
    [Canada]

guys at the pet shop might say it is ok to keep on a bark or gravel and have uvb for albino

he won't just eat it and it is ok in a tank if you are going to tong feed exclusively and in the area on a right where is no moss, but he might want to be in a moss area and then you need to take him out, then he might get stressed out and refuse to eat... lot of problems....

but if he get moss ingested, say hunting free roaming cricket or you tong feed and moss will get stuck to the food and ingested you are most likely looking into BIG problems later. you can put some artificial plant here to make it more realistic enclosure and to provide a shade and hide.

Nationality
    [United States]

Lija has you covered.

ab positive bulldogs

Thanks Everyone for the Help! Right now I am feeding in a separate container and he is doing fine...I will keep this in mind if he decides to stop eating the way he is now

Thread Information