Thread: New to reptiles and got a Tree Frog

aegillesp

Default New to reptiles and got a Tree Frog

So, I bought a tree frog about two and a half weeks ago, I found him sprawled out dead in the bottom of his tank this morning under his big branch. He wasn't eating for the past few days really and he sat at the bottom of the terrarium for a full day. I dusted the crickets with Calcium powder twice a week, used a heating pad and a basking/infrared light to keep his temp around 80 degrees. His humidity levels went anywhere from 50-85% (its been hard keeping it up but I misted him about every couple of hours when I am home). I got another one and now I am paranoid...I cleaned the tank out but my new frog is bigger than what I had for my previous little guy since he was so tiny. This new one is pudgy and I was told by the Petsmart staff that this one eats 4-5 crickets which is wayy more than what my previous one did.

Any advice would help. I have plenty of pictures of my previous little guy =[ I just want to know what happened to him... he was kind of see-through and his eyes were all cloudy when I found him, but he was normal before I went to bed so maybe 9 hours since I saw him and he died?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moreau

Default Re: New to reptiles and got a Tree Frog

Was your water de-chlorinated?

aegillesp

Default Re: New to reptiles and got a Tree Frog

Sadly, I was using distilled water. I was told it was OK by the people at Petsmart and the tap water here in Phoenix is so bad that I don't think even 24 hours would save it. I didn't read about not using distilled water until today when I was looking some things up. I immediately switched to bottled drinking water when I came home and my new frog jumped right in. it seems sluggish though...

Thread Information