Thread: I see all these videos..

loganste123

Default I see all these videos..

I see all of these videos on angry pacman frogs screaming at the owner poking at it. I dont think thats right at all.. But my question is if I want to watch (eep) jump around outside of his cage, whats the best way to do that? I know you are not supposed to play with them but I almost feel bad for him being cooped up all the time. Thanks for the help!

PS: If I tried to take him out and he did not like it at all I would not try it again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I see all these videos..

those videos are good example of stupid selfish owners, make me very mad seeing that. the pacman frogs are he most happy left alone in their small in comparison tanks. you shouldn't take him out unless it is absolutely necessary, like when you clean his tank or do bath. anything else will stress him out and possibly get him sick.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

4. This member thanks Lija for this post:

loganste123

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    those videos are good example of stupid selfish owners, make me very mad seeing that. the pacman frogs are he most happy left alone in their small in comparison tanks. you shouldn't take him out unless it is absolutely necessary, like when you clean his tank or do bath. anything else will stress him out and possibly get him sick.
    all I needed to know. But I do wish my tree frog would become more prone to me handling him like the videos

Nationality
    [Canada]

that is why i have waxies, they would probably pee on you but they're ok with some handling.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

Loganste I let my big ornata jump outside in my room she trys get under my chest draw
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

mchell43

Yes originally those videos put me off getting a pac man, thought they would be noisy all the time and attack you. I have had mine 2 months and he is the sweetest . I would never dream of upsetting him in such a way, those people should not keep frogs. As for watching them move , I do get to see mine get in his water dish for a bath and move a bit in there at night. I can stroke him, but he just jumps away if I try to pick him up so I leave it. To transport him I ease him into a cricket tub then put him where I want him to be and let him jump out. best to just stroke if you want to handle, as you dont want it to fear you.

loganste123

Quote Originally Posted by pac View Post
    Loganste I let my big ornata jump outside in my room she trys get under my chest draw
    I think I may try this tonight..

ejh805

Quote Originally Posted by loganste123 View Post
    I think I may try this tonight..
    I don't really have much experience with pacman frogs other than what I've read here.
    But amphibians have VERY sensitive skin and will absorb things through it, so this just sounds like an all around TERRIBLE idea.
    It may be fun for you, but I imagine it would stress your frog out immensely and could also pose health hazards.

Nationality
    [United States]

Do not allow your frog to roam around in your room on the floor. Leave your frog be. They are not cats or dogs. They do not need exercise nor to they need to be jumping around. They are sit and wait predators. This means the hide burrowed into the soil awaiting an unwary insect or even another frog to pass by so that it can catch and eat it's prey without detection.

NEVER EVER LET YOUR FROG ROAM FREELY AROUND IN YOUR ROOM!!!!! Leave the frog in it's tank. If you want an interactive pet then a frog is not for you. They are meant to be viewed not handled unless absolutely necessary. Just so you can enjoy wayching it hop around IS NOT is putying the frog's life in danger.

I must ask you not to do this. I can't believe you are even considering it. You need to do much more research on your frogs.

12. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by pac View Post
    This is not a good idea and should not be recommended to anyone Devonte. I actually expected you to know that this is an irresponcible way of caring for you frogs.

Pleases don't advise anyone to do this and I will ask you to stop allowing your frog to roam freely in your room. You are placing it's life in danger.

14. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Locascio

Default RE: I see all these videos..

I myself do take my pixie frogs out side in the rain to hop around but it is only because I live in Florida and the temps allow me to do so. I would never let them Rome around on my house floor and needlessly expose them to everything I drag in on my feet. Its not a good idea to do this . As for pokeing them how would you like that?
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Locascio

Default RE: I see all these videos..

Like grif sed look but don't touch pacmans are not the type of frog that handles much movement leave them be. Pixies on the other hand tolerate more handling than ABF

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Locascio View Post
    I myself do take my pixie frogs out side in the rain to hop around but it is only because I live in Florida and the temps allow me to do so. I would never let them Rome around on my house floor and needlessly expose them to everything I drag in on my feet. Its not a good idea to do this . As for pokeing them how would you like that?
    I've seen this as well and is actually no different than letting them roam on your floor. What you track in is also what's outside. This puts them at risk of becoming infected by a variety of things. Chytrid, parasites, and chemicals if any are present. There could be a few different fungal strains that can infect the frog.

I also advise against this, but all I can do is advise and make suggestions. I can't make anyone follow it.
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; January 31st, 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Do not allow your frog to roam around in your room on the floor. Leave your frog be. They are not cats or dogs. They do not need exercise nor to they need to be jumping around. They are sit and wait predators. This means the hide burrowed into the soil awaiting an unwary insect or even another frog to pass by so that it can catch and eat it's prey without detection.

NEVER EVER LET YOUR FROG ROAM FREELY AROUND IN YOUR ROOM!!!!! Leave the frog in it's tank. If you want an interactive pet then a frog is not for you. They are meant to be viewed not handled unless absolutely necessary. Just so you can enjoy wayching it hop around IS NOT is putying the frog's life in danger
    I must ask you not to do this. I can't believe you are even considering it. You need to do much more research on your frogs.

well said Grif, well said! Frogs are not for everyone, that is for sure. I would say for those who want to have frogs, consider if you can handle "look but not touch" pet and with any live creature same applies, if you can't put interests of those who depends on you beyond yours may be you are just not mature enough to be responsible for anyone but you. and age has nothing to do with it.

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Thread Information