Thread: Hello from New Zealand

atikin

Default Hello from New Zealand

Hello, I have had frogs two times now, the first time was a few years ago, but that frog didn't quite make it but now I have two brown tree frogs (litoria ewingii) one that i grew from a tadpole and one I got as a adult frog

horvi304

Default Re: Hello from New Zealand

Hi I am new too! How long have you had your frogs for? Do you have live plants in the tank?

atikin

Hello, Iv'e had them for about 3 months, I did have a live plants but they made the water dirty so i just use bits broken of trees instead , or small plants with their roots but not planted in soil

What kind of frogs do you own?

horvi304

I have 4 brown tree frogs and am setting up their tank. I am nervous about what plants to use as I dont want to poison them!

atikin

Quote Originally Posted by horvi304 View Post
    I have 4 brown tree frogs and am setting up their tank. I am nervous about what plants to use as I dont want to poison them!
    Oh cool Woops I didn't really think about what plants to use, hopefully some one will help you

Hi welcome to the forum.
    For live plants I found the best plants to use are Bird's Nest Ferns and Brazillian Ferns.
    Best set up is a water area made by using a piece of perspex to seperate the land area and water area which is sealed with aquarium safe silicone. The land area will need a stone layer at the bottom and organic soil on top (about 7cm) don't have any stones on top as they can cause impaction.

Wolfie64

Hey I am from New Zealand too. It seems to be fairly hard to find any information on Green and Golden Bell Frogs. I am about to make a background for my hexagonal tank (an old fish tank) out of polystyrene then coated in grout and aquarium grade silicon.
    I will also look at putting some pots of sphagnum in near the waterfall feature. What do you guys think about that?

paul3col

Hi and welcome, I am new as well.

atikin

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie64 View Post
    Hey I am from New Zealand too. It seems to be fairly hard to find any information on Green and Golden Bell Frogs. I am about to make a background for my hexagonal tank (an old fish tank) out of polystyrene then coated in grout and aquarium grade silicon.
    I will also look at putting some pots of sphagnum in near the waterfall feature. What do you guys think about that?
    Sounds AWESOME!, im not to knowledable on backgrounds for frogs etc, but it sounds like it will look really good

Thread Information