Thread: maybe i'm just overreacting...

jmor

Default maybe i'm just overreacting...

I have had an albino c. cranwelli for about 9 months. He was about 1" snout to vent when I aquired him. For the first 4-6 mos he seemed to be doing very well, feeding every other day, 3-5 size appropriate crickets. But, in recent months he has seemed to stagnate as far as growth and feeding are concerned. I offer crickets dusted w/ a cal./d3 supplement every other day, but he doesnt always want to eat. He's about 2.5 inches now, and I'm wondering whether he has just matured enough to stop growing with the same rapidity as a juv. He doesnt seem fat enough to be refusing food. Maybe it's a seasonal issue? I've read that uvb is beneficial for temperment, might that be the answer? (since I'm not providing any at this time) Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: maybe i'm just overreacting...

Quote Originally Posted by jmor View Post
    I have had an albino c. cranwelli for about 9 months. He was about 1" snout to vent when I aquired him. For the first 4-6 mos he seemed to be doing very well, feeding every other day, 3-5 size appropriate crickets. But, in recent months he has seemed to stagnate as far as growth and feeding are concerned. I offer crickets dusted w/ a cal./d3 supplement every other day, but he doesnt always want to eat. He's about 2.5 inches now, and I'm wondering whether he has just matured enough to stop growing with the same rapidity as a juv. He doesnt seem fat enough to be refusing food. Maybe it's a seasonal issue? I've read that uvb is beneficial for temperment, might that be the answer? (since I'm not providing any at this time) Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!
    UVB isn't necessary.

Answer these questions and repost the answers here. http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Nationality
    [United States]

It could be seasonal, but it could also be due to a health problem, or an issue with his setup. Answer the questions Grif asked for
    Also, does he look like he's losing weight? I always think of that as sort of the 'worry point'. I keep an eye on them if their habits change, but only start to really worry if they start to lose weight.

connor111699

I have a perfectly happy 2" little male hitting a year in a few months, might just be a shortie. :P

Thread Information