Thread: New build, 220 gallon Vi (somethingorother) build, could use some advice....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1moreminute

Default New build, 220 gallon Vi (somethingorother) build, could use some advice....

Hello everyone,

I am starting the building process of a 220 gallon glass tank 6' long x 2' wide x 30''s tall. I'm building a custom stand and canopy for it as
    well.

We have 2 Tetra Viquarium Waters Edge kits that we are going to use. We've done two in a 180 in the past and loved it.

Also, in the water section I have a cascading creek also made by Tetra I believe. We are also going to have drift wood and a selection of live and fake plants/ trees.

Were also going to be adding a rain maker.

We plan on having, fish, frogs, turtles, newts, crabs etc in there for the live stock. We also want to have some lilies and bamboo plants as well as other misc live plants, non of which should need high intensity lighting. These things weve had in the 180 and everyone did just fine, no fighting and no deaths!

Questions I have are:

Ive seen the talk about foggers but not sure which ones are good and where to get them from, so Id like that info please.

Also, lighting. I have a friend that is selling LED lighting that he used for his 220 saltwater reef tank, consists of 10k and actinic (blue) led lights as well as some T5s that are the same K values. He will sell them to me for a really good price. This setup even though it was saltwater was able to grow acros (A type of hard coral) on the very bottom of his 30'' tank so I know those leds can penetrate very well. But I'm concerned about the K values being too high. I could buy new bulbs and change them out I suppose but not to sure about LEDs specs as I am new to the LED lights for tanks.

Anyways, Ill post some pics of the progress so far. The 1st pic is my reef tank I built back in 06, I built that stand and canopy as well for that and loved it so much I am going to do this stand and canopy the same maybe a tad different.

Will have plenty of questions I'm sure!

Thanks guys and gals of FrogForum!

Below is what my 180 stand and canopy looks like, this is pretty much what I am going to build again. Next post will have the new frame and what I got completed so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information