Thread: 2012’s New Species: Clawed Cave Spiders, Glowing Roaches, Tiny Tarantulas & More

findiviglio

Default 2012’s New Species: Clawed Cave Spiders, Glowing Roaches, Tiny Tarantulas & More

Hi All,
    Invertebrate enthusiasts have learned to expect the discovery of fantastic new species on a regular basis. But even old timers such as I were shocked by some that came to light this past year. Large, claw-bearing Cave Robber Spiders, giant bio-luminescent roaches, brilliant arboreal tarantulas, neon-colored freshwater crabs, dive-bombing wasps…the list boggles the mind. Today I’ll highlight a few that have entranced me; please post your own favorites (whether covered here or not) below.
    Cave Robber Spider, Trogloraptor marchingtoni

The Cave Robber Spider, arguably 2012’s most “otherworldly” discovery, turned up in a place not known for hiding unseen species – southwestern Oregon. In fact, not a single new spider has been described in the USA in the past 130 years.
    Read article here 2012
    Comments and questions appreciated. As I do not place notices here each time I post a new article on That Reptile Blog, you may wish to check in periodically or subscribe; you can do so here That Reptile Blog. Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj.

Thanks, Frank
    My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog That Reptile Blog
    Face Book http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information