Thread: White's Tree Frog's?

KittyKat90

Default White's Tree Frog's?

I am trying to decide between a WTF or an African Fat-Tailed Gecko. I want to be able to hold and interact with which every one I get. Which one is easier to take care of and maintain? What will each of them need (setup, food, humidity, temp, special hides... etc, etc?) Which would be my best bet? All help will be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

NatureLady

Default Re: White's Tree Frog's?

I would dare to say that a gecko would be a more hands on pet for you. Tree frogs can become stressed if handled too much.

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by NatureLady View Post
    I would dare to say that a gecko would be a more hands on pet for you. Tree frogs can become stressed if handled too much.
    Geckos shouldn't be handled more than tree frogs should.

If you want a pet to hold a lot, neither reptiles or amphibians are a good option. I usually compare them to aquarium fishes, look but don't touch

5. This member thanks CatEyeLeachie for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by CatEyeLeachie View Post

If you want a pet to hold a lot, neither reptiles or amphibians are a good option. I usually compare them to aquarium fishes, look but don't touch
    That's not necessarily true. Considering our oils are toxic to amphibians they should only be handled to be observed and checked to see if there okay. But with a lot of reptiles they can be handled much longer then a frog and will tolerate it much more then a frog. Though they are no dog or cat where you can constantly interact with them.

As for the op it sounds to me like a aft would best suit you there care is very similar to leos as of temps and food they just need a lot more humidity. i suggest using childrens washed play sand and a mixture of soil for substrate this way they can burrow and make there own hides.

EJT97

White tree frogs are relatively easy to look after, as long as you get the heat and humidity right they are good to look after.

NatureLady

Quote Originally Posted by CatEyeLeachie View Post

Absolutely! Neither of them are animals you pick up to cuddle. Some reptiles (snakes and lizards) will become unmanageable if not regularly handled for husbandry reasons....still not a pet to cuddle...If you want a pet that is cuddly adopt a dog or cat.

KittyKat90

I don't have the time for a Dog Or Cat.

Charlotte Benedict

I have had experience with both of these animals, and as I am someone who has to be able to handle their animals at least a little bit I understand where you are coming from. African fat tails are probably the way to go for you, you can handle them more without them becoming stressed and they are easier in their care than the White's. But if you are willing to limit yourself with handling and are open to a little more maintenence, White's are very rewarding pets with funny little personalities. Hope that helps!

Thread Information