Thread: My Pacman's Diet...

Grimacy

Default My Pacman's Diet...

Because of budget reasons, my little buddy Jabba has been getting walmart night crawlers for a while. I've been coating them in the proper dust for him of course, but I do know that I am supposed to feed him mice or feeder fish once a month for extra nutrients. I feel kinda of bad, I love him to DEATH but I don't think I'm giving him the right diet at the moment

I tried to feed him a mouse once, and since a live one can do some damage to my chubby friend, I got myself a frozen one and thawed it. He won't eat dead things, no matter how much I wiggle them around. It's like he knows! Haha. The other option are feeder fish, but the problem there is my frog's setup, for now, is 100% coconut fiber substrate that I keep saturated, so if he doesn't eat it before it dies of exhaustion, it's a wasted fish. Should I perhaps have a "feeding tank" for him full of a little bit of water for future feeder fish?

Jabba is a little slow on the uptake, too. I mean, nine out of ten lunges for food for him end in a failure. I think it's kinda cute, but since he has a time limit with fish and isn't exactly interested in a lifeless mouse, I'm not sure how I can make his diet varied and healthier. I used to feed him jumbo crickets, but he would go through five dollars worth every other week - it really added up after a while. Naturally once I get back on my feet he'll be getting crickets AND worms, but for now, fish and mice are cheaper overall, and it'd be nice to get some tips on how to get him to eat one or the other .

He's about the size of an orange right now. At least I think it's a he, he croaks a little sometimes, but doesn't display the telltale "bark" of a female.

When I first got him, he was the size of a dime, I fell in love with the cuteness immediately. :B

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

PirateJing

Default Re: My Pacman's Diet...

hey grimacy, i have seen jabba on youtube and it is so cute haha. I have just got me a small baby pacman and your diet seems just fine. Nightcrawlers can be the staple food for the frogs diet.

Kurt

Default Re: My Pacman's Diet...

I wouldn't feed mice or fish to your frog. Both are known to cause health problems in frogs. Only use them once in a while, if ever. Worms are good and so are various insects, like crickets, roaches, mealworms and superworms.

Thread Information