Thread: Good News Bad News

LizardMama

Default Good News Bad News

Good news, Kermit has poo'd several times and hasn't lost any size to him although he hasn't grown any in the last month.
    Bad news, I threw in a Wax Worm hoping he'd eat it, he did then when I threw in more he lunged at one then I noticed that the one that he had snapped at before had come out of his mouth as if he hadn't swallowed it. Besides that one attempt to eat he hasn't eaten anything else on his own. I did force feed him a soft bodied Meal Worm and some crickets, dusted, so he is eating. He does swallow them.

Everything still the same in the cage. 80-85 degrees, 75-80% humidity, cage cleaned once every four week unless I find poo then I spot clean. He digs his holes well still but I wish he would eat on his own again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Good News Bad News

Next time he snaps one up wait a little bit to make sure he swallows it before offering another. See if he actually swallows it.

LizardMama

That is what I did, he closed his eyes and made the motion of swallowing then went for the second worm and that was when the other popped out. I have checked the inside of his mouth, nothing looks wrong or abnormal in there

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You may have to wait longer. The yawning actions they do after swallowing prey are part of working the food down into their stomach. Wait until the yawning has stopped and then offer more food. Hopefully this doesn't keep occurring.

lumpbump

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    You may have to wait longer. The yawning actions they do after swallowing prey are part of working the food down into their stomach. Wait until the yawning has stopped and then offer more food. Hopefully this doesn't keep occurring.
    I was wondering why they yawn slightly for a minute or so after they eat something. Cool to know its part of their swallowing mechanism. I knows frog buddy won't take another food item for about a minute so I don't even try till he's finished yawning.

Thread Information