Thread: Hello fellow froggers!!!

aimee88

Default Hello fellow froggers!!!

Hi!!! my name is Aimee. I have always been interested in frogs but i didnt discover quite how interested until about a year ago when i installed a backyard pond. Ever since then i have been in awe of frogs and their amazing life cycles, unlike any other creature which is one of the strange things about the earth's biodiversity- we are ever learning more and more about the fauna and flora and other organisms that create this planet.

So I am a downright wildlife lover and am extremley lucky that i live right behind 700 hectares of bush reserve, which is forever being threatened by devolpment. Although I love animals, I am currently studying Conservation and Land Management, because without conservation the frogs and animals i love do not have habitat, local populations become extinct and then in most animals, genetic biodiversity is loss and the species rapidly declines.

Awareness on deforrestation is so important to saving frogs, as habitat loss causes huge declines in species, and is the single biggest threat along with cane toads and polluted waterways here in Australia for frogs. Doing your part can be as simple as buying recycled toilet paper and writing to local governments about bushland areas under threat as well as making your own petition about the need for wildlife corridors along creeks and habitat!!!! There are many other ways this can be achieved and I hope you all get involved to save some local species in your area.

Wow i can just go on about this all day so i will stop myself!!
    I have just enjoyed my first batch of awesome Eastern Sedge Frogs at the moment and they are so cute i have put some pics up so check them out!!!!

Thanks for reading lol!

StephenLS

Default Re: Hello fellow froggers!!!

Hi Aimee....welcome aboard.

You're certainly in the right place for frog info and enthusiasm....great pics by the way

Steve

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum Aimee. When you get a chance, please set your country in your profile.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

Most species are on the endangered species list because of habitat loss. Nice to see someone so passionate about conservation. Welcome aboard.

Thread Information