Thread: looking to find out more about pacmans

Terence Flynn

Default looking to find out more about pacmans

hi there everyone am looking into getting a pacman frog and would like to know if your could help me with what would be the best set up for it with Terrarium size and heating and lighting etc as ive never owed a frog before am from the uk so 1 would also like to know were would be best to get a pacman from and the price range and am looking just to learn more about the pacs ive read almost everycare sheet there is online but would want like you know about your experiences with them if any use yous could get back to me that would be great

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: looking to find out more about pacmans

Welcome to Frog Forum

Sadly I know not of any breeders in the UK, but there are some experienced breeders on here as well as many experienced keepers.

This will get you started on their basic care. Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding

If you buy a baby they are best kept in medium to large critter keepers. Buy a UTH(Under Tank Heater) for Hermit Crabs since they are the only UTH safe for plastic and place it on the side of the keeper. These are burrowing frogs and burrow to thermoregulate their body temps and if they burrow to cool off over the UTH they wont understand why they cannot and may overheat and die. Daytime temps are 80° F to 83°F and night time temps 75°F to 79°F, but hover around 78°F. Humidity should be 75% to 80%. They're nocturnal so it is suggested to feed them at night.

Any further questions feel free to ask.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the frog forum, you came to the perfect place to talk frogs and learn about it and thank you for getting information first and getting frog later!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Pluke

Welcome to the forums, I'd try and contact this guy and see if he has any frogs. Pollywog - Captive Bred Amphibians & Herpetological Supplies Other than that I'd just check local pet stores or animal expos until you find one. Good luck.

Thread Information