Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacman frog front legs

DorkiTimmy

Default Pacman frog front legs

So my ornate pacman frog is either so fat that it cant use it front two legs like it litrally uses its back legs to kinda push its self now is this a problem?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman frog front legs

For whatever reason, an animal being unable to walk correctly is obviously a problem. Post a picture of the frog trying to walk (or a video if possible) and answer the questions in the "Trouble in the Enclosure" sticky.

DorkiTimmy

i never really had a problem it been awhile and its just a bit funky i use coconut substrate changing it every month and misting and loosening the substrate so yea

Nationality
    [United States]

... ... I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

If you aren't, then answer the questions in the sticky at the top of the forum.

DorkiTimmy

wait what? why would i be trolling its not even close to trolling? i just wanna know if thats a big problem cause i seen how some pacman frog legs shows when they sit in the front like mine pacman frogs legs are just really small in the front they sit under his body not sticking out.

Ozone17K

Quote Originally Posted by DorkiTimmy View Post
    wait what? why would i be trolling its not even close to trolling? i just wanna know if thats a big problem cause i seen how some pacman frog legs shows when they sit in the front like mine pacman frogs legs are just really small in the front they sit under his body not sticking out.
    well I would say its ok. whenever my fantasy pacman frog isnt activie his fat belly covers his front legs. He can still hop and be a mean butt face that trys to bite me whenever he feels like it. So I think its fine

Nationality
    [United States]

You didn't say your frog looked fat; that's normal. You said it couldn't walk without pushing itself around on its back legs.
    The reason I thought you were trolling was because that first post seemed to say that your frog couldn't walk. Then you did not post the information asked for. You said you keep it on "coconut substrate" and that it was looking "a bit funky". There is no way ANYONE could give any helpful advice based on that, not even a trained vet.
    Sorry for misinterpreting, but if you think your frog might have a health problem it is important to be as detailed as possible.

It would still be good to post the information I asked for and a picture, so people can tell you whether anything in your care routine or diet could be causing the frog to look bloated or become obese. Otherwise, all anyone can tell you is that these frogs are supposed to look 'fat' due to all the water they retain. They can't give you any information on whether the frog is retaining too much fluid or is unhealthily fat without more info and/or pictures.

I'm still confused. In your first post you said your frog "literally uses its back legs to kind of push itself". Now you're saying that the only problem is that you can't really see the frog's front legs when it's sitting still. Which is it? I just want to be certain, because the first is a potentially fatal health problem, and the second is nothing to worry about.

DorkiTimmy

Simply my frog can't use it's front legs cause there do weak or cover by his front head and use only his back leg to push himself forward to eat I use coconut fiber substrate and change monthly and the substrate isn't to wet

Nationality
    [United States]

Simply my frog can't use it's front legs cause there do weak or cover by his front head and use only his back leg to push himself forward to eat I use coconut fiber substrate and change monthly and the substrate isn't to wet
    If your frog cannot walk, this is a problem. It is common sense.
    Answer the questions in the sticky at the top of the forum. All of them. And post a picture if possible.
    This is the link to it: http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

I'm not sure what sort of replies you are expecting to get by saying only that the frog is on coconut fiber and that it is 'not too wet'. You have been told several times what information to provide.

I will not be posting any more until you answer the questions in the sticky or provide a picture of your frog.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

DorkiTimmy if you want advice and help we need to know facts and the whole picture, so as you were advised answer the questions posted in a sticky thread and post them here with a picture, otherwise we can't help you.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey Tim,

Get some a pics up of your frog. Need to see front view, side view of the frog sitting still. Make the photos so that it looks like we are looking at the frog at eye level. It is a problem if the frog's front arms no longer work. Paralysis is bad and can be attributed to deficiencies and even as far as Chytridiomycosis.

Answer these questions and repost the aswers here.
    http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol.....but he keeps it on wet coco fiber darn it! Answer the man's questions! <<<<<<<<<Virginia....that is trolling...lol. sorry couldn't help myself.
    Thanks
    DW

Nationality
    [United States]

HEY!!! Sorry to side track, but how do I put those nifty banners for the frogs I keep in my signature?
    Thanks
    DW

DorkiTimmy

http://www.frogforum.net/attachments...g-img_0887.jpg
    here a picture of my frog
    http://turtlepondpets.com/images/Green_Pacman_Frog.jpg
    how other pacman frog leg sticks out but my is under all his fat and stuff like tiny little front legs lol his eating wel pooping fine just the leg

Nationality
    [United States]

That is a picture of your frog's back. It can tell us absolutely nothing about its feet. This is why you were asked to post a picture showing your frog's feet.

Is there a reason you are not answering any of the questions you are being asked?

DorkiTimmy

I'm just really busy and I can't find my adapter to upload I'm doing my best to describe but if that doesn't help I understand I will upload picture when I have time

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey Virginia I think he's a youngster. Might just need a little more specific guidance.
    Thanks
    DW

Nationality
    [United States]

Timmy I think your frogs fine man. Good looking too.
    Thanks
    DW

DorkiTimmy

Thanks he is fine but it's just a bit unusual and I'm just curious if anyone here might know why with just the info given apologize for not giving what you need due to tight sched I'll get back as soon as possible as the frog is in no harm or danger thank you

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm just really busy and I can't find my adapter to upload I'm doing my best to describe but if that doesn't help I understand I will upload picture when I have time
    Okay, sorry if I am sounding harsh. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between someone who is confused about the questions we are asking and someone who is just not listening, and I am very bad at picking up on things like that just by reading messages.

Go to the link GriftheGreat and me both posted, and copy and paste all the questions into a reply here. After that, you can just type in your answers to the questions in the comment box. I know a lot of those questions sound like they would not matter, but they give important information that could save a frog.

So far your posts have been very confusing in telling us what is wrong with your frog. Most frogs sit on top of their legs when they are relaxed. But you said at first that your frog could not walk. Can your frog walk and hop when it tries to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information