Thread: humidity

spiritipoo

Default humidity

I have white tree frogs and cant keep humidity below 80-90% well this hurt them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ToadPaparazzi

Default humidity

How much ventilation does the Vivarium have?

spiritipoo

Default Re: humidity

Quote Originally Posted by ToadPaparazzi View Post
    How much ventilation does the Vivarium have?
    I have the top of tank half open turned of waterfall even tried a small fan. Tought it was gauge so tried two different ones still 80-100% humidity. I just bought this terrarium at Repite Show And so far i am sorry. This is the site for the tank is www.infinityterrarium.com

HerpDerp

What size is the tank? What's the temperature in the tank and what are you using for a heat source? And how humid is the air outside of the terrarium? If the temp is too low or if the humidity is really high outside the tank it could affect the humidity inside the tank. Also, what are you using for substrate and do you have real plants in there? Posting a picture of your vivarium would be very helpful.

White's tree frogs prefer humidity around 60% so that is high for them. I'm not sure what health problems could be caused by it if any, but it could stress them. It will also promote mold growth inside the vivarium which can harm the frogs. I'm sure if we get enough details we can help you get that humidity down in your tank .

Oh and by the way, Welcome to the forum

spiritipoo

Quote Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
    What size is the tank? What's the temperature in the tank and what are you using for a heat source? And how humid is the air outside of the terrarium? If the temp is too low or if the humidity is really high outside the tank it could affect the humidity inside the tank. Also, what are you using for substrate and do you have real plants in there? Posting a picture of your vivarium would be very helpful.

White's tree frogs prefer humidity around 60% so that is high for them. I'm not sure what health problems could be caused by it if any, but it could stress them. It will also promote mold growth inside the vivarium which can harm the frogs. I'm sure if we get enough details we can help you get that humidity down in your tank .

Oh and by the way, Welcome to the forum
    air temp in house is 68 humidity is 36% and if you go to website i posted shows pic of tank thx

HerpDerp

Seeing a picture of your actual setup would give me a better idea of what's going on in your tank.

So are you not heating the tank at all? If the tank is at 68 degrees there are two problems. 68 degrees is only okay at night. The daytime temp should be around 75-80. If your temp is that low then the humidity would be able to remain high. A high wattage incandescent bulb would increase the temp and decrease the humidity. The dimensions of your tank would help determine the wattage of bulb needed.

ToadPaparazzi

Default humidity

Looking at the photo in the link provided, I'd say it might be difficult to decrease humidity. You might want to figure a way to change the lid and make it 75% or more screen.

Thread Information