Thread: As I promised

EnjoiJakey

Default As I promised

Well here is Barry. I told you I'd show you the new member of Frog Forum ;D
    He's not a unique special color, just an ordinary looking pacman. (But every Pacman is unique anyways)
    I've had him for exactly 3 weeks now and he was the size of a nickle when I got him, and I am surprised he grew this fast.

Reason why I named him Barry, kind of corny but It's because he is fast. I got Barry from "Barry Allen". That's the name of The Flash from the DC comic books. This little fella is extremely quick, catches his prey with ease. I've seen him eat 5 crickets within a minute, and I was told Pacman struggle catching them sometimes. I never had trouble feeding him. Then I was told to Tong feed him and feed him Night Crawlers for a staple food. He had no problem eating from the tongs, quickly learned that it was giving him food lol. Then switched to worms, and he had no problem switching different foods. Then I jumped on that bandwagon for Pacman food. Once he notices it, he'll have no problem hopping right over to devour it. Quick learner and very quick to swallow and Ambush his meal.

He "Barks" every morning now, it's adorable. But I work night shifts so he wakes me up every time. It's pretty loud.
    I just think I got real lucky with this one. But then again, every frog I know for sure has their unique traits. Mine just became so easy for me as a beginner and so enjoyable. Thank you everyone for all the information I received to help raise this frog properly.

Name:  IMAG0200.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  99.4 KBName:  IMAG0197.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  60.7 KBName:  IMAG0198.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  46.2 KBName:  IMAG0199.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  33.6 KB
    Last edited by EnjoiJakey; November 30th, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Had him for 3 weeks, not 2.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pluke

Default Re: As I promised

You've had him for two weeks and he's was the size of a nickel when you got him AND he's already calling? o_O

Have you been giving him some crazy growth hormones? lol, he's a good lookin' frog. I think I definitely see a nupital pad coming in too in that last picture.

EnjoiJakey

Quote Originally Posted by Pluke View Post
    You've had him for two weeks and he's was the size of a nickel when you got him AND he's already calling? o_O

Have you been giving him some crazy growth hormones? lol, he's a good lookin' frog. I think I definitely see a nupital pad coming in too in that last picture.
    Oh, correction, 3 weeks. (I'll fix that)
    But still Lol. I heard they call when they're a lot older.

Ohhh thank you. Mmm what's a Nupital pad?

Pluke

If you look at that last picture you'll see a little brown bump coming in above his thumb, that's a nupital pad and only males have them. My males started calling about 2 months after I got them. They were quarter size when I got mine.

EnjoiJakey

If you look at that last picture you'll see a little brown bump coming in above his thumb, that's a nupital pad and only males have them. My males started calling about 2 months after I got them. They were quarter size when I got mine.
    Oh I do see that. Interesting.
    Ha I guess mine is an early bloomer. He just called again as we are talking. I was worried and explained in detail, but Grif told me it was him "Calling" and I shouldn't be worried. That's really cool though. You have very neat looking frogs.

Pluke

Sounds like you indeed do have an early bloomer. My albino male got distinct nupital pads at a very early age, like a month after I got him. He just waited a while to call for some reason, unless I just didn't hear it. And thanks I'll be sure to tell them.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

beautiful frog! Welcome to the frog forum!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

EnjoiJakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    beautiful frog! Welcome to the frog forum!
    Thank you Lija. Much appreciated.

Nationality
    [United States]

Very good growth rate!!! Make sure to provide plenty of calcium. He's going to need it for those growing bones. Very nice!!!
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; November 30th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.

EnjoiJakey

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Very good growth rate!!! Make sure to provide plenty of calcium. He's going to need it for thise growing bones. Very nice!!!
    Thank you Grif, coming from an expert says a lot. And no need to worry, I dust every time I feed him.

Nationality
    [United States]

Have you been giving him some crazy growth hormones? lol.
    Ya, pacman food.

I know, it was a joke.
    Thanks
    DW

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    Ya, pacman food.

I know, it was a joke.
    I actually believe that Pacman Food acts as a growth hormone or steroid because of how fast they grow while eating it. Even offered as an occational treat they will grow rapidly, but i've gotten similar results from a stapel diet of Night crawlers as well.

Thread Information