Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite pacman frog?

Ozone17K

Default Your favorite pacman frog?

Whats everyones favorite type of pacman frog. Im talking about orates, cranwelli, ect. also whats your favorite pacman frog morph and why? I personally like the orange fantasy pacman frogs. The reason is that i own one, it was my first pacman frog, and i think they are super awesome looking. Its just really cool how they have acouple green stripes on their backs and the rest of their body is orange

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Your favorite pacman frog?

My favorite pacman is the Cornuta because I love the horns!!! And because they always look mad. It's funny My favorite morph is the Phantom!!! They are so cool!! I wish they could make a Phantom Cornuta!!!!!!

Ozone17K

aha. Fantasy pacman frogs are similar to Cornutas. You know? lol. thier awesome cranwelli and cornuta mixs lol. I wish someone would make a ornate/ cornnuta mix... i really want one.. Do they exist? Id pay big money for one.
    Last edited by Ozone17K; November 28th, 2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: forgot something

Pluke

Although I really like the Cornuta's I'm gonna have to say my favorite right now is the Cranwelli, just because the huge variety of morphs. Plus they are the only kind I've ever owned, so my favorite might change one day if I get another type.

Edit: There have been people who have bred cornuta x ornata, it's just not worth doing because not many frogs make it to adulthood and a lot of them have medical issues. Cranwell x Cornuta are really the only Hybrid that turns out healthy, even the caatinga x cranwelli is known for having a lot of issues yet people still seem to try and breed green apples.

6. 2 members thank Pluke for this post:

Ozone17K

what kind of health problems do they have. and what do they look like?

Pluke

I've never seen one, I only read about it in a book. It's a book on pacman frogs written by Phillipe De Vosjoli. He goes over all the species and hybrids in it and says that the offspring just have a lot of health issues, doesn't really describe what kind I don't think, haven't read it in a minute. I know that the green apples are high risk for bone disorders so I imagine other hybrids would be similar. I have a green apple that is handicapped and I have to help him eat and shed, someone gave me him for free.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone17K View Post
    aha. Fantasy pacman frogs are similar to Cornutas. You know? lol. thier awesome cranwelli and cornuta mixs lol. I wish someone would make a ornate/ cornnuta mix... i really want one.. Do they exist? Id pay big money for one.
    Could they make a Phantom Cornuta then? Breed a Phantom with a Cornuta? Or would the babies come out looking like something else?

Ozone17K

Also sorry about your green apple froggy

Ozone17K

I dont think so. Im not 100% sure tho. The reason is that im pretty sure that "phantom" cornuta morph pacman frogs cant be produced is becuase the phantom trait is most likely a reccesive trait. As it is now their arnt even 25 phantom pacman frogs in the world. So ya that would probley the worlds most expensive frog.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Awww I want one!

Ozone17K

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Awww I want one!
    You can have one if u become a scientist and mess with the alleles of the eggs and (sperm?)... Is thier frog sperm? well idk but ya if u can change the males and females reproductive alleles in the two sex cell from both genders to the phantom trait then put them in petrie dish then ull have a phantom cornuta. Actually u can have a phantom whatver that way... Hmmmm i kinda want to do that know... im still young and in high school i can change my future still lol... i can become a scientist and make phantom frogs as a side project .. haha that would be awsome

Pluke

That's the spirit, go for it! Meanwhile, we'll be waiting. DON'T LET US DOWN!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone17K View Post
    You can have one if u become a scientist and mess with the alleles of the eggs and (sperm?)... Is thier frog sperm? well idk but ya if u can change the males and females reproductive alleles in the two sex cell from both genders to the phantom trait then put them in petrie dish then ull have a phantom cornuta. Actually u can have a phantom whatver that way... Hmmmm i kinda want to do that know... im still young and in high school i can change my future still lol... i can become a scientist and make phantom frogs as a side project .. haha that would be awsome
    Oh! I didn't even think of that! I could do that easy! I need to finish my project for NASA first. Then I will breed my Phantom Cornutas!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Could they make a Phantom Cornuta then? Breed a Phantom with a Cornuta? Or would the babies come out looking like something else?
    Phantoms are a form of mutants. I don't think the colors would come out

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

There are 10 phantoms. Two in the USA. I own the silver phase phantom female. The chocolate phantom is the other in the US and its a male. I have mutant males and blue males that will breed with her and produce mutants.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [Canada]

Well, one of these days I will find where you are hiding that phantom and steal it!

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfrogs View Post
    There are 10 phantoms. Two in the USA. I own the silver phase phantom female. The chocolate phantom is the other in the US and its a male. I have mutant males and blue males that will breed with her and produce mutants.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2
    Mike you didn't tell us your favorite yet! I like Cornuta, too. No horned frogs can beat the look of a Cornuta. They not only have the most prominent horns but also the biggest mouth.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I would have to say Caatinga. They are really neat

Obelisk

For me, it's a tie between Fantasies and Cornutas.

Nationality
    [Belgium]

Caatinga! Although I must admit I'm quite fond of all of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information