Thread: housing older WTF

bobgildolf

Default housing older WTF

Hi. I have 2 WTF in the same tank. I have been considering getting 1 more. My local pet store has more, but they are tiny compared to my other tree frogs. obviously I wont be sticking them in together straight away, but I was wondering if I house them seperatly untill the new one has grown enough to be with the others, would it be suitable or would there be conflict?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

justin shockey

Default Re: housing older WTF

i think it is OK as long as the new frog is in good heath

Kurt

I don't see any problem, as long as the new frog has successfully gone through quarantine and is large enough not to be swallowed by the old frogs. As far as I know White's aren't territorial. The two I currently have came into the collection at least a week apart from each other.

jody

im doing just that. with a tiny green tree frog. however I put a a smallish frog in with two that were larger, and the small one ate and ate, and grew to similar size much faster than one I have left living alone to grow larger.

justin shockey

ya i think you will be just fine

bobgildolf

Ideal, I was a bit apprehensive about it, but it sounds like it should be allright .... I'll be getting another this week
    So... does anyone know exactly how long it takes for WTF to grow to full size? I have seen vids on youtube of some massive ones eating mice!!
    My 2 are growing more slowly now but are still eating plenty of locusts and crickets, they are about a year old.
    thanx all.

justin shockey

i don't know how big are yours

Kurt

I have had mine for four years and they aren't that big. They are big enough to eat pinkie mice. I think they just might be slow growers.

justin shockey

well one of mine the female doubled in size in just 8 weeks but the male has just grown a little bit but the female can Sher eat

Thread Information