Thread: odds

bullfrog43

Default odds

hello everyone,
    thinking of expanding my African bullfrog collection.I plan on getting 3 baby bullfrogs and was wondering what the odds are of getting a male? Also should i buy frogs from different venders or the same for the best odds of getting a male?

thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: odds

usually there are more males then females on a pet trade, but there is no guarantee if you buy 3 babies from the same place or all different places that there is at least one male in a company. If you really want a male you better get a bit order.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

chipcount

If theres a 50/50 chance of you getting a male or female...

then if you get one = 1 in 2 or 50%
    two = 75% chance
    three = 87.5% chance one of those 3 babies will end up being male.

If you only want one male you would be better off buying a bigger one thats a male...unless you want the chance of having 3 females

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I ordered 3 pyxies and ended up with one male. I already had a female when I ordered the trio. The only likely reason that I got a male is because I spoke with Bruno at LLL reptile and he hand picked them based on my description of what a male would likely look like at a young age....he picked one male.

Get 5, and you'll end up with a male. Or, get eyes on the frogs you want and pick individuals by comparing them. When you get a group of them together, you can tell the males that will become the "big males". They are pretty obvious from a young age.
    Thanks
    DW

Thread Information