So my imagination ran away with me last night and I want to make a Grand father clock Vivarium. It will consist of a base/storage cabinet that the 20" W x 13" D x 48" T tank will sit on. on top will be a clock cabinet housing my Hygrotherm humidity and temp controller, humidifier, light source and a real clock.

I want to make this a convertible; land with small pond and false bottom and water fall down the back wall to a pond, the conversion is a majority of the land mass is removed and the waterfall output gets connected to a rain tube making this a Rain chamber with a flooded river bottom.

What I'm looking for is advice on a few things. I almost forgot, this will house Red Eyed Tree Frogs. and if other threads or how-to's exist just point me in the right direction.

How best to control temperature. should I use an aquarium heater in the false bottom to control the water temp? or Cord heaters in the back wall or substrate?

how do I construct the back wall with a full length waterfall that will also be growable for moss or vines?

What Broad leaf climbing vines would be good for Red eyes?

What kind of false bottom and substrate construction should I use? keep in mind I want it to be easy flow so that I can have a tank drain to a waterfall pump on the opposite side of the tank from the pond. prevent stagnant water.

after I'm all set up, what is required for continued care and cleaning?

anything else I've missed and need or should consider please advise me as if a complete novice.

I already have 3 Red Eyes in 2 ten gallon "artificial' terrariums, so advice to chose a different starter frog is moot and wasn't listened to by my girlfriend.

Thanks for any advice.
Tyler