Thread: Pacman frog Food

DorkiTimmy

Default Pacman frog Food

Should i start feeding my pacman frog Dubia roach if so anyone know where i can get a colony started but not online with shipping and all that? I live in Ca orange county.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Pacman frog Food

How large is your frog? Dubia roach nymphs range from very small to fully adult. If you want to get a colony and raise them, you'll probably get a mix of nymph sizes. For feeding, it's good to feeding nothing larger than the space in between your frog's eyes.
    Unless you know a local supplier, online is about the only place you can get these. Most petstores don't sell them.

Pretty easy to keep. They can live in a warm, moist tupperware container with newspaper or egg-crate and wet paper towels for water and catfood for food.

Nationality
    [United States]

I would start out only buying a few and seeing how your frog likes them first. I I bought 100 about a week and I half ago and he's not very fond of them and will only occasionally take the so now I've got about 95 pet roaches lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM1 View Post
    I would start out only buying a few and seeing how your frog likes them first. I I bought 100 about a week and I half ago and he's not very fond of them and will only occasionally take the so now I've got about 95 pet roaches lol
    If you want to get rid of the roaches sell them to the OP. If not, I'll take em

Dubia are awesome if yer critter will take them. It takes a certain technique with some frogs. I have only purchased 50 roaches. The rest I h its been given. If you have a local city classifieds section check there. I get mine from my local classifieds (ksl.com) its kinda like Craigslist list but not as seedy.
    Thanks
    DW

DorkiTimmy

my Pacman Frog can take large dubia i fed some to it already but idk if its a good thing to switch crickets to dubia will that be fine i have calcium for it. i also have a 8inch beared dragon not fully grown only a couple months old if i get 100 large nymph that almost close to molting into an adult and not feeding any off how long before they start reproducing? If its around 80female and 20male.? I live in Ca orange county so the weather ranges from 70-90 i have a heat pad. Should i leave that 24/7 or morning only or nights only? and will they produce if i just get 1 male and 4 female in a small container? knowing that it will be a slow process?

Nationality
    [United States]

I don't plan on getting rid of em I like my pet roaches =p dubia nymphs are a good switch from crickets they have a much higher meat to shell ratio. I they can survive at 70 but need closer to 90 to breed efficiently, and not sure about how long it takes for them to start reproducing.

Thread Information