Thread: Copes Grey Tree Frogs Like Zoo Med Repti-Hammock - When Twisted

Nationality
    [United States]

Thumbs up Copes Grey Tree Frogs Like Zoo Med Repti-Hammock - When Twisted

This challenge involved my three 2-yr old CGTF's in their 29gal converted aquarium/vivarium. (Thanks Black Jungle). Bought one of those triangular green perforated lizard hammocks with the suction cups attached. (Zoo Med Repti-Hammock). My intention was to drape hammock near or horizontally at the top suctioned on the ceiling of the viv. I was concerned with the nocturnal exploration of my CGTF's and their pushing against the ceiling as though trying to lift the top off the viv while they hung on the side of the viv with three out-stretched legs. They do sometimes try to crawl horizontally across the top and always fall. They are happy and healthy except for their probing of that glass ceiling barrier. I was disappointed by their lack of enthusiasm for the flattened, stretched-out triangular hammock until I started thinking with my amphibian brain and immediately contorted the fabric into organic shapes, bending it on itself into organic shapes which created shelves with overheads. The suction cups are attached to viv very close together for this to work. Now I can't seem to keep them off of it, even when I place it in different locations. They have plenty of natural accessories for choice. Hammock is light enough I can even place it on the glass door, an area that rarely gets used by them for resting. They enjoy it when I spray warm rain water through the mesh fabric which tends to hold the water, releasing it slowly like natural rain. The two females continue to push against the glass ceiling - but haven't we always.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information